Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Tally Solutions

Re: Tally Solutions

hi i have newly joined in a company while using tally erp 9.. create company option is not available wen using in remote login user

Quote Originally Posted by vinikarthik View Post
    hi i have newly joined in a company while using tally erp 9.. create company option is not available wen using in remote login user
    I think that creating a Company involves providing basic information about the company whose books of accounts are to be maintained in Tally.ERP 9. Go to Gateway of Tally > (Alt+F3) Company Info. > Create Company
    The Company Creation screen appears as shown:

Tally Solutions

Hi, I'm new to this forum. i have a problem in Tally 9.0.
    I have made a new company entry with all the ledgers entries. But when i go to the Accounting Voucher, i'm not getting Cash A/c in the List of Ledger Accounts.
    Why is Cash A/c not showing up in Accounting voucher ledger list.
    Any reply would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by qazs022002 View Post
    Make separate ledgers for sales and purchase for separate VAT rate. For example if you are dealing in 4% and 12% VAT rate items then you have to make ledgers for Sales 4% and Sales 12% under sales and Purchase 4% and purchase 12% under Purchase account. Correct VAT/Tax Class has to mentioned while creating those ledgers.
    can i open ledger purchase tax 5% under group duties and taxes

Quote Originally Posted by satish pandit View Post
    can i open ledger purchase tax 5% under group duties and taxes
    I think that Tally.ERP 9 has the flexibility of setting user required chart of accounts. You can group the Ledger accounts under the required Groups at the time of creating the chart of accounts or you can alter them at any time. The Group behavior is classified into Capital or Revenue and more specifically into Assets, Liabilities, Income and Expenditure.

Re: Data migration from Tally 4.5 to Tally 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Data migration from Tally 4.5 to Tally 7.2

We all know that to convert tally data from 7.2 to 8.1 Tally is providing a data migration utility with Tally 8.1. You can get more details about migrating Data in my previous post How to migrate Data from Tally 7.2 to Tally 8.1. or Get the FAQ's on data migration. But what if you have data in Tally 4.5 and you want to convert it to Tally 7.2 or 8.1. For this a free utility is available on Tally's Site which would convert data from Tally 4.5 to Tally 7.2 You can get this utility Here .

Simply unzip the file. You would find three files. Copy these files to directory of Tally 4.5.

Now run the utility and convert the companies one by one. After converting all companies you would see different folders are created . Copy these folders to the directory where your Tally 7.2 is installed. Open Tally and rewrite the companies you want to open in Tally7.2. Wollah !!! the process is complete.

Before migrating data make sure to take backups of files. so that in case of data corruption you can recover it.
    Sir,
    I was using Tally 4.5 on windows 95 OS but as that PC s mother board failure... I changed to new PC with XP as OS. I copied Tally data on pen drive.
    Now 4.5 Isnt working on XP OS. When I tried to convert data to 7.2 [on xp os], It gives error that NO COMPANY FOUND [m having just DATA folder of 4.5]. May b its cos the converter needs to b extracted in 4.5's original folder...
    On this new pc its not possible to install win98 too, that I can install 4.5 again n can convert.
    In this situation What should I need to do Pls reply at earliest. I badly need that data for further use. Its having almost 10 yrs data. Pls reply me at earliest. Will be very thankfull to you.

Quote Originally Posted by befriend_my View Post
    Sir,
    I was using Tally 4.5 on windows 95 OS but as that PC s mother board failure... I changed to new PC with XP as OS. I copied Tally data on pen drive.
    Now 4.5 Isnt working on XP OS. When I tried to convert data to 7.2 [on xp os], It gives error that NO COMPANY FOUND [m having just DATA folder of 4.5]. May b its cos the converter needs to b extracted in 4.5's original folder...
    On this new pc its not possible to install win98 too, that I can install 4.5 again n can convert.
    Download Tally 4.5 and right click on it and then choose the compatability mode and then in the options given choose either windows 98 or windows 95 and then try to install it. Hope this time it installs correctly on your pc.

Quote Originally Posted by james_911 View Post
    Download Tally 4.5 and right click on it and then choose the compatability mode and then in the options given choose either windows 98 or windows 95 and then try to install it. Hope this time it installs correctly on your pc.
    Sir,
    On XP OS, I have 9 but 4.5 Isnt getting installed.
    What I want to know is, I M HAVING JUST DATA FOLDER OF 4.5 and want to convert to 7.2 and then to 9. How can I ?
    [I already downloaded 4.5 to 9 converter n tried but it gives error as NO COMPANY FOUND]
    Pls help.

how to take print out sundry crediters and debters deatails and how to take one company all purchase details print out

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23