Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tally Solutions

Tally Solutions

can tally9 run on Nokia e-72 mobile phone?
    Last edited by Saket; 03-02-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Personal info removed. Use PM for same

Re: Tally 9 Payroll : 4 easy steps to generate Payslip

i am new here .. i am looking for some tutorial where i can learn how to fully use Tally 7.2 so that i can clean up my company data b4 upgrade it to Tally 9. Can you provide any reference? as i myself know little about account. Want clear up my company accounts, inventory system and also payroll in tally 7.2

Re: Tally Solutions

There are lots of online resources to learn Tally. The best is searching video tutorial on Youtube. The second site which I found to be useful is Tallyinfo. It provides you learning solution for Tally online as per your experience. Like you can choose between basic or intermediate level to start your online tutorial. Tally itself has a help button which can give you a full guide on it.

I belong to UP India and want a demo on vat adjustments and service tax on road transport.

Download the desired extension to a convenient folder on your computer.
    If the file you download is a *. zip file, rename it to *. xpi file. This unfortunately may be necessary if you use Internet Explorer to download the file.
    Open Songbird. Go to File > Extensions.
    Click the install button. Look for the extension on your computer and click Install Now
    Last edited by Vigil.M; 29-10-2010 at 03:14 PM. Reason: No external Links Allowed

qazs022002 Guest

Make separate ledgers for sales and purchase for separate VAT rate. For example if you are dealing in 4% and 12% VAT rate items then you have to make ledgers for Sales 4% and Sales 12% under sales and Purchase 4% and purchase 12% under Purchase account. Correct VAT/Tax Class has to mentioned while creating those ledgers.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 30-10-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

How to alter multiple ledgers in the taly

glenifrisky Guest

Tally.ERP 9 has all the features required for high-performance business management including remote access, audit and statutory
    compliance services, an integrated support centre and security management, all focused on delivering peace of mind.

It is easy to create multiple ledger in tally. For that you have to click on Account info. And then choose Ledger. In that you can see the option of Multiple Ledger. Then go to display or create as per your choice to view or to add ledgers. In this way you can create a list of ledgers in the page and that makes your work much easier. You can view the help section to get more information on this.

Re: How to continue accounting for New Financial Year in Tally 9

I split the company on 31 March but the opening balances are not matching . Any solution or Have something gone bad or any error .

May I request learned member (s) to provide solution .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    How to continue accounting for New Financial Year in Tally 9

As new financial year has started tally users are busy finalizing their books.They are asking if they should start a new company for new financial year. Then they have query how to put last year's closing balance in new financial year.

We face few questions while entering new year data like :-

• How to put opening balances as closing balances for last year are not available at this moment?
    • What to do with those ledgers which are not going to be used in next year?
    • How to get rid of last years mistakes or errors?
    • How to include inventory in this year's books?

There are many solutions to this problem but we have to choose the best. Creating a new company can be one solutions as you would get rid of all those ledgers which have zero balance. In this case you can continue entering vouchers as they come. You have to feed opening balances of each ledger manually when ever your last year balance sheet is finalized.

Splitting the company

Another better solutions is to continue entering data in existing company by changing the period in gateway of tally. When ever you have to make changes in previous period just enter the last year's period and record the entry.

When ever you get you company balance sheet finalized after entering the closing transactions just split the company on 31 march.

This way you would automatically get the opening balances of the all ledgers and there would be no difference in opening balances. But a word of caution here is that do this after finalizing the balance sheet, because once split you will not be able to make changes in last years company .

What ever entries you would make would reflect only current company. Later on you can delete all those ledgers which are having zero balance or dead.

This method has all the advantages.

Sir / Madam

I want to know that how to calculate interest on capital in tally

Thanks

(ZEESHAN KHAN)

tally on network is taking 8-9 seconds to open on a 100Mbs wired line but it takes 1 min to open on a 150 Mbps wireless line.... please help me with this issue.. AnuJ

sad Re: Tally Solutions

Hi:
    in my balance sheet current assets are showing on liability side. pls help me to sort this problem..:

Quote Originally Posted by Rihanumar View Post
    Hi:
    in my balance sheet current assets are showing on liability side. pls help me to sort this problem..:
    After reading your question I think that you have credited your assets instead of debiting & debited your liabilities instead of crediting while passing the entries. If you can forward the data taking its backup i can surely help you out with where you went wrong. It is also possible to change labilities side by asset side by showing net working capitl to the asset side.

dkjazz Guest

Now make ledger for input and output VAT ledgers for collection of sales VAT and Purchase VAT. These should be separate for different VAT rate. i.e. input VAT 4% and input VAT 12% in the same way make ledgers for output VAT for purchase VAT. At this moment you have to assign proper VAT/Tax class for these ledger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast