| || |
Join Date: Nov 2005
Re: Tally Data Migration Tool
I came across this particular PDF file on Internet which could help users to Migrate there respective data from Tally 4.5 to Tally 9. but in this case the user first had to migrate the data from Tally4.5 to Tally 7.2 and then from Tally 7.2 to Tally 9. So i would share the information in which it is mentioned how to migrate data form Tally 7.2 to Tally9.
- Download and install Tally.ERP 9 in your system.
- Go to Start > Programs > Tally.ERP 9 > Tally ERP 9 Data Migration and run the ‘TallyMigrateData’ utility. Or else you can run the migration utility by double clicking the tally72migrate.exe file. You can find this file in the folder where you have installed Tally.ERP 9 in your system.
- This utility will allow Tally Data Migration Tool and Tally.ERP 9 to execute.
- Now select the Migrate Data option in the Migration Company screen.
- Browse and specify the directory of the data which you wish to migrate.
- Choose the company from the List of Companies.
- Once the Data Migration utility has completely loaded the data of the selected company, it will ask for confirmation.
- Make sure that you are selecting ‘Yes’. This will start the process of migration of the company which you had chosen before.
- Migration Messages Pane will show the status of the migration of data once the data has got transferred to Tally.ERP 9.
- The migration after completion will show the Migration Completed Check Status.