Thread: Shifting from Bcom First year to Bsc.IT

Shifting from Bcom First year to Bsc.IT

I need some advice in changing the stream of graduation. This is for my brother. He is in Bcom first year. Some of my friends had done BScIT and they are working in reputed firm. I had tried to find career scope after commerce field which looks limited. I want some advice her. Will it help if I put him in BscIT. His first year will be wasted but I am ready to go for that if it is beneficial in future.

Re: Shifting from Bcom First year to Bsc.IT

Even Commerce has good career scope if you go ahead with additional courses. Like retail management, mba, etc. You just have to choose one among them. Today retail is a booming industry in India. You can see there are so many malls. You can go ahead with retail management and bcom together. This would help your brother to gain a good job. There are many similar courses that he can pursue with work.

Only degree does not matters. It is also essential that your brother should take experience in a reputed firm. Many people have nice qualification but they start their job in a non-reputed firm that affect their future. I am talking about internship kind of jobs. It is very important that you must be a part of growing industry and with the same you must keep on completing your education also.

It will be a bit complicated I think. Changing the stream and then diverting your mind entirely to new career is not easy for everyone. It is very important to find where your interest lies. Commerce open up competitive market like sales and marketing. This sector requires good experience but provide amazing returns. Many people who are in sales and marketing enjoy stable income and good future prospects.