Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Being in the Indian Software Engineering industry

Education Career and Job Discussions

Old 13-05-2012

question Being in the Indian Software Engineering industry

Hello, my first post here!!
First, some specifics about myself:
I'm studying an MSc in Web Software presently, did my BSc in Software Engineering and IT. I'm a throughout-distinction student, and my interests are .NET, Java, and MS SQL Server. Due to extensive extracurricular involvement, I have superb team leadership and teamwork skills.

I am a coding aficionado, and I have excellent lateral thinking skills and creativity. So I can really build myself a good place in a year or two after graduating. I am a very fast learner and very good at grasping.

My question(s):
1) Since I really dislike playing a small insignificant role anywhere, is it really worth spending 2-3 years gaining mastery in software development (coding, testing, etc.)?
2) Is there really much growth in the coding arena, or should I commit myself to something more lucrative and challenging?
3) I love challenging roles that have lots of autonomy and high responsibility; can commitment to software development eventually lead me there?

I welcome replies from everyone, but I really want to get a good picture about this from someone with a lot of experience in the field.

Old 14-05-2012

Re: Being in the Indian Software Engineering industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot77 View Post
First, some specifics about myself: I'm studying an MSc in Web Software presently, did my BSc in Software Engineering and IT.
Msc in web software and B.sc in software engineering which institute provides such kind of degrees? i have read it for the first time.

Anyways by reading your post it appears that you have a core interest on programming that's why i would ask you to stick to that. Complete your M.Sc and then jump to a new job. Stick to the programmer type of jobs and dont think of any lucrative careers.

TechArena Community > ARENA > Education Career and Job Discussions
Tags: , , , ,