Thread: How to apply for indian navy?

How to apply for indian navy?

Hello everyone out here I have just completed my 12th examination and right now I am thinking to appear for the navy exam. I want to join naval force and help serve my country in every possible way? So can you all tell me what is the minimum qualification required in order to appear for the navy? What are the exams that I need to give and what should I have to be able to enter into the navy? Please give me a detailed information about all the stuff. Since I tried doing some research on my own in the internet and was not able to find much stuff on that’s, that’s why I am asking you all? What do you all have to say about the same. please reply. I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: How to apply for indian navy?

Hi in order to appear for the navy you need to first clear the N.D.A(nation defense academy) exam which is conducted by the U.P.S.C every year for two times in a year. So do appear for the N.D.A. now in order to appear for the N.D.A exam you should have completed your 12th i.e. HSC from a recognized university or board with a minimum 60% marks in PCM. Candidate should posses a Indian nationality. Candidate must be physically very fit with good height and eye vision. As of now I don’t have the exact parameters required for the eye vision and also the body height. I will surely update you all with that. However for more information you can visit the official site of UPSC and get all the information from there. That’s it from my side for you.

Hey there are two ways by which you can appear for the Navy. One of them is by NDA and the other is by CDS. In order to appear for the NDA following are the requirements

- Completed 12th with Science stream and minimum 60% marks in PCM.
    - You should be a citizen on India
    - Age limit is 16.5-19 Years

Following are the important dates for NDA Ist, 2012

- The last day of applying for the NDA exam has already gone it was on 30th January 2012

- The NDA exam is conducted on 15th April 2012

Following are the IMPORTANT DATES FOR NDA IInd, 2012

- The notification date for NDA is 5th May 2012
    - Last day to apply for the NDA exam is 4th June 2012
    - The NDA exam would be conducted on 19th August 2012

If you are thinking to apply via. CDS then you should be a science graduate with the following subjects physics, chemistry and math’s. The minimum age requirement for CDS is 23 years. Once you clear out the CDS exam then you will have to go for a 1 year training program and after you have cleared out the training program then you can directly join the force.

question Re: How to apply for indian navy?

So if I haven’t cleared out the HSC exam through science stream then that means I wont be able to appear for the navy exam or the nda exam right? what do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey$ing View Post
    So if I haven’t cleared out the HSC exam through science stream then that means I wont be able to appear for the navy exam or the nda exam right? what do you all think?
    Yes that’s quite true you cant appear for the navy because you are not qualified for the navy. You should have cleared out HSC with science stream and PCM as subjects with English as a compulsory language.

Still if you aren’t aware of the minim requirements that are required to appear for the navy then let me give you a brief information of the same over here.
    1) Clear out HSC from science stream as I have said above. I don’t think I need to repeat it.
    2) In order to appear for the navy your age should be between 16.5 to 24 years.
    3) Your height should be 157 cm for males and 152 cm for females.
    4) You should have a 6/6 eye vision
    I hope you have got the necessary information about the same.