Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need more information on ITIS domain in cognizant

Education Career and Job Discussions

Old 13-03-2012

Need more information on ITIS domain in cognizant

I just wanted to know like what is this ITIS domain in cognizant? Well I got a mail regarding this walkin interview for itis and I want to know what job profile is that exactly? I did ask some of my friends about this, they are saying it?s a BPO while my uncle is saying that it cannot be called as a BPO. So I am confused now, who all are correct in this? I am a Bsc IT graduate and I don?t want to get in BPO services and all that?s why I am taking a confirmation from you all and proceeding ahead.

Old 13-03-2012

Re: Need more information on ITIS domain in cognizant

Hi you can check out this link here you will get all the information regarding the ITIS services of cognizant company. Do check it.
Old 13-03-2012

ITIS is called as Information Technology Infrastructure Services and looking closely to it cannot be said as a BPO type of job profile but yes it will involve all the stuff such as maintenance of a project, networking, troubleshooting and many other. So if you are ok with that job profile then you can definitely go ahead. If you are a fresher then you should not wait for the opportunity to go from your hands simply because you get to work with a company named as Cognizant. The fastest growing company in the recent times.
Old 13-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresher123 View Post
I just wanted to know like what is this ITIS domain in cognizant? Well I got a mail regarding this walkin interview for itis and I want to know what job profile is that exactly? I did ask some of my friends about this, they are saying it?s a BPO while my uncle is saying that it cannot be called as a BPO. So I am confused now, who all are correct in this? I am a Bsc IT graduate and I don?t want to get in BPO services and all that?s why I am taking a confirmation from you all and proceeding ahead.
Basically you will be made to sit on the calls and deal with the clients who will be asking you to do troubleshooting stuff. Now the troubleshooting will involve everything right from the chip to the server everything. Even I had got a mail from wipro telling me about the walkin for the ITIS domain and so when I went for the interview after clearing the aptitude round. I was briefed about my job profile just before the HR round and I had to walk out from there. Since I already have experience in development field for around 2 years and so why should I be made to sit on the calls. As the above guy said if you are a fresher then you should catch the opportunity because in the later stages you can basically change the job profile and switch to whatever you want inside the company.
Old 13-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresher123 View Post
You are a Bsc.IT student and if you are looking something in the development field then let me tell you that you will not be able to find anything out here. so don?t waste your talent out there. Yes the company people will not claim it as a BPO they will say somewhat as technical support but at the end of the day you will be made to sit for the calls.

TechArena Community > ARENA > Education Career and Job Discussions
Tags: , , , ,