Thread: Maharashtra Engineering (Civil) Services Main Examination question papers

Maharashtra Engineering (Civil) Services Main Examination question papers

I will be appearing for the main examination of civil engineering under Maharashtra Engineering services. I have studied for it and I am ready for the exams. But before I appear for the examination, I would like to take a look at the old papers of previous exams. It would just help me to know what kind of questions appear n the examination. If someone has the old papers, can they provide them to me?

Re: Maharashtra Engineering (Civil) Services Main Examination question papers

I have appeared for the main examination of civil engineering under Maharashtra Engineering services. Let me tell you that you shouldn’t take this examination lightly. The papers can be tough and sometimes even tricky. So it is better to concentrate hard and study well for it. The paper is of 200 marks which are divided into six sections. There will be two to three questions in each section. You need to solve only one question out of all the sections in this paper. I have two old question papers with me which I can provide to you. Hope they prove useful to you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Maharashtra Engineering (Civil) Services Main Examination question papers

The questions that will be asked in this examination will be related to mathematics and physics. So you must have all the basic concepts clear in your mind to get good marks. The main topic in this examination is that of creating diagrams of shear force and bending moment of a continuous beam using the slope deflection method. Also study the design of a welded space girder of 20m span using tension field action for the given factored forces, because many questions related to it appears in the examination. Also other topics like alkali-aggregate reaction, creep and shrinkage of concrete and pre-cast slab panels are seen in this examination many times. Here I have attached another question paper along with this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files