Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

PhD in psychology after MSc in psychology

Education Career and Job Discussions

Old 03-03-2012

PhD in psychology after MSc in psychology

I am pursuing masters degree course in counseling psychology. I am in the last semester of it. After I finish with it, I want to apply for PhD in psychology, can anyone tell me what does PhD course include and its purpose. Also can anyone tell me how to apply and which institute provides this education?

Old 03-03-2012

Re: PhD in psychology after MSc in psychology

The counseling psychology program is meant to prepare next generation of professionals in psychology. The course emphasizes the scientist-practitioner training model emphasizing a developmental-contextual perspective with a commitment to social justice, multicultural education, and community-based training. This course trains the students for position of counseling psychologist which requires them to utilize their scientific and clinical skills for problems in mental health institute.
Old 03-03-2012

To apply for PhD courses, you need to pass the NET exam. This exam takes place in month of June and in month of December. The notifications regarding the exam in December come in September. Once passed the exam with a good score, the Government of India provides you with authorized remission as junior research fellowship. Another requirement other than NET exam is that of having minimum of 55% of marks in Masters Degree.
Old 03-03-2012

Passing the NET exam provide a person with authorized remission as junior research fellowship. It is conducted for subjects like Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Earth Atmospheric Ocean & Planetary Sciences. The results of exam conducted in June are declared in October and that of December are declared in April.
Old 03-03-2012

A doctorate courses are much advanced degree; it takes time to complete it. Depending on the course and institute, sometimes it may take up to 4 to 8 years to complete the course. You might even need to do internship for a period of a year or maybe more. It is better if you do the course by getting loan from bank for financial aid.
Old 03-03-2012

Some of the institutes that offer PhD degree in India are,
1] Gurunanak Dev University, Amritsar (Punjab)
Amritsar (Amritsar Dist.)
2] Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed College for women (JBAS College), Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
No.56, K.B. Dasan Road, College Avenue, Anna Salai, Teynampet , Chennai (Chennai Dist.) - 600 018
3] M.S. (Maharaja Sayajirao) University of Baroda: Faculty of Education and Psychology, Vadodara (Gujarat)
4] The M.S.University of Baroda, Station Road, Sayajiganj , Vadodara (Vadodara (Baroda) Dist.) - 390002
5] Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar (Gujarat)
Vallabh Vidyanagar (Anand Dist.) - 388120
6] University of Calcutta, Kolkata (West Bengal)
Senate House, 87 /1 College Street, Kolkata (Kolkata Dist.) - 700073
7] University of Delhi, New Delhi (Delhi)
South Campus, Benito Juarez Marg , New Delhi (Delhi) – 110007
Old 03-03-2012

When I was applying for PhD course in psychology, I had applied for this institutes,
  • Jadavpur University, Kolkata
  • Delhi University
  • University of Madras
  • University of Calcutta
  • Kannur University
  • Jamia Milia Islamia University
  • University of Mumbai
  • Educational Psychology
  • Varkatullah Viswavidyalaya, Bhopal
  • Himachal Pradesh University
Old 03-03-2012

You should also apply for the psychology course in Christ College, Bangalore ; Max Health Care Institutes;St. Stephen?s College, Delhi ;St Xaviers College, Mumbai ; Birla Institue of Techonology, Pilani ; University of Pune ; Women's Christian College. Chennai; Punjab University; Tata Institute of Social Sciences and Kalayani University.
Old 03-03-2012

You can research on this institutes too, they too have psychology courses that you might be interested in.
i) Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
ii) Presidency College,Kolkata
iii) Fergusson College, Pune
iv) St Joseph's College Bangalore
v) Hansraj College, Delhi
vi) Bhim Rao Ambedkar College
vii) Deen Dayal Upadhay College,Delhi
viii) Bhavans College, Mumbai

TechArena Community > ARENA > Education Career and Job Discussions
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,