Thread: How is the Career in Merchant Navy???

How is the Career in Merchant Navy???

Currently I am studying in std XII science, so I as planning for future I would like to know that how is is the Career in Merchant Navy and what benefits we get if selected of the merchant navy???

Re: How is the Career in Merchant Navy???

Actually merchant navy deals with the things like carrying passengers, transporting cargo goods etc around the world for which one have to stay on the ship. There are different fields where a man can select from it like navigation, engineering and radio and wireless communication. So you can select it according to it.

Different functions for men if selected for particular activity:

• Navigator : He deals with the transport cargo like loading and unloading, handles the safety in ship, and he can be chief navigator which is also called as “Captain”.
    • Engineers : They see the smooth function of the ship.
    • Radio : He sees to that proper wireless communication is made when in danger or need.

Hello friends.. my name is neha and want to know that is there opportunity for the women in this field as after going through this post I feel that even I should join as the merchant navy officer. So want to know if women can join then what is the role for them.

Currently I am studying in std XII science, so I as planning for future I would like to know that how is is the Career in Merchant Navy and what benefits we get if selected of the merchant navy???
    For this I must say that there are no opportunities given to the women as the job of the merchant navy is for the men only. But now-a – days they have started giving opportunities to the women but they have restricted to do job in some part of area like doctors, radio operator.

I had started my career in merchant navy as a marine engineer, so my experience I must say that the job of the merchant navy is good option but you need to make up mind as you to have be in sea fr about more than six to seven months. So if you are ready for this then go for it.