Thread: Tips for Learning VBA & macros

Tips for Learning VBA & macros

Hi friends, I want to learn Excel VBA skills (specifically macros, how to write and execute macros). I have never written or worked with a macro before. Here’s my background for you to be able to provide me with a meaningful feedback: I have beginner level proficiency in Excel. I can work well with most formulas; can create v-look ups, graphs, histograms etc. All this I learned at work in one year. I want someone to guide me in the right direction, for example, where should I start, what books should I read, what videos I could watch to learn. I want to invest my time in self teaching by using the resources out there. Please respond with your advice

re: Tips for Learning VBA & macros

According to my information, if you want to start Learning VBA then VBA is all about building new fundamentals. This is easy to learn VBA if Once you've started, it gets a lot easier. The main things that require here for the VBA beginners are to concentrate on the fundamental used for VBA. If your fundamental concept is clear with this VBA then you will enjoy the learning and creating various VBA scripts that can be used in Excel.

re: Tips for Learning VBA & macros

For the starter the main topic that he must have to understand the concept on is as follow:
    • The first things have to understand the ‘Introduction of VBA Editor’
    • Also he should know how to Record the Macro
    • He should be able to make use of the loops and the blocks that are used in VBA for handling complicated query.
    • He must be clear with the concept to make use of sub procedure and function used for creating the VBA.

There are also many more things to learn in VBA, but for the starter these will some of the topic which is important.