Thread: Scientist from Europe needs freelance HELP

idea Scientist from Europe needs freelance HELP

Hi guys!

Funding is short and work plenty here where I work.
    So instead of paying yet another lazy undergrad, I decided to look for a talented freelance programmer who can use the little money I can offer for something more useful then drinks & party and is willing to actually do some work in return.
    I can offer you just a few hours work per month as you will only do the work I cannot handle due to time constraints, also I'll pay you out of my own pocket for now. Work will mostly concern data analysis and statistics but also other tidbits of stuff.

Requirements:
    - Fluent English (reading & writing only), because you might be required to read or summarize a scientific paper once in a while. (Field: Psychology/Cognitive Neuroscience/Electrical Engineering&Signal Analysis)
    - MATLAB programming skills. You don't have to be a master, but when I need something done I need it done fast (ca 24h), clean, and commented.
    - Office/Excel would be great.
    - OPTIONAL: If you can do some web-development AND/OR if you are familiar with embedded systems (Atmel, Arduino) which I use for myself as well as for students to get acquainted with measurement processes, that would be great. It is not a must, though.

If your work is satisfactory, more work is waiting as I can recommend you to colleagues with similar problems. Of course, absolute confidentiality is required.
    Please contact with a short description of your abilities via PM. Also I'd like you to suggest what an hour of your time should cost me. If your credentials match the requirements I might give you a little task in order to test your abilities. (For which you will be paid either way, Paypal account required.)

Yours truly.
    Milarepa3

Re: Scientist from Europe needs freelance HELP

Where are you located? You should have better of posted this to websites like monster or naukri.com where you can get a good response from the people who are willing to do that kind of work. You could also scan various candidates resume to find whether they are eligible for your work criteria or not, but that just requires scanning, which I dont think you are interested in or are you?

Re: Scientist from Europe needs freelance HELP

Yeah, I know of these sites, but I'm not too interested in checking that many resumes. Also, I'd rather have that 60 USD go to the applicant directly.