Thread: GD-PI preparation for Electrical & electronics engineering

GD-PI preparation for Electrical & electronics engineering

I am doing my Electrical & electronics engineering from Mumbai University. Now campus placements are going on. I am confident about the aptitude test but not about the GD-PI, because in my last interview, I was removed out in the GD-PI round. What the topic will be there, what will be the situation in the GD-PI hall, all I wanted to know, which will help me out during the GD-PI.

Re: GD-PI preparation for Electrical & electronics engineering

As you are confident in your aptitude test, you should also be confident at GD-PI. Group discussion is an online forum for individuals to discuss various topics amongst each other. People add their comments by posting a block of text to the group and Others can then comment and respond. GD will be quite longer,in which they will give us the topic & then everyone will discuss the point and present infront of someone.

Don’t get nervous about the GD-PI. Well I would recommend you to read as many newspaper editorials as you can. You can also go with Indian Express and Hindustan Times. Check articles on Group Discussion by the experts on the websites. You can also refer the GD topics on the internet.When the topic is given to you, first of all make down the points on the paper and be confident while GD-PI.

There are many ways to tackle GD-PI. First of all listen carefully and speak accordingly.Use proper body language. Dont interrupt anyone while he is speaking. Keep focus on the main points.Your voice should be proper and clear. You may start speaking as soon as someone completes speaking.Keep eyes contact with everyone. In the end, everyone will get the chance for summarizing the points.

Go through the topics of GD which are related to your course.The basic topics are Flip flops and their working,Differentiate between flip-flops and latches,What is totem pole,Mode of transmission of TV signals,Internal circuit of a microprocessor – is it analog or digital,Parts of a microprocessor,What is a bit? What is CMOS? …etc.Try as you can by reading various types of articles,practising for GD-PI.