Thread: MBA in finance from University of Calcutta

MBA in finance from University of Calcutta

I am planning to do a MBA course and would like to do pursue the course in Finance. Now I am looking for the university and would like to do the course from a very renowned university. So while looking at the universities I just came across the University of Calcutta and would like to this particular course from there. So I would like to know if anyone has done this course before from that university .If yes then please share some details about it as soon as possible.

Re: MBA in finance from University of Calcutta

I got some information about the same course about this university and would tell you that the minimum qualification for admission to the Course is a Bachelor’s Degree in any stream or a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and Technology/Medical Science/Professional Course or its equivalent from any University recognized by the University of Calcutta with 50% marks in aggregate. So this is the most important criteria that you need to fulfill to get the admission over here.

I would tell you that you need to qualify for a common admission test first. Also the candidates must be qualified in CAT. And then the selection has to be based on the overall score that comprises of past academic achievements along with the CAT score. This will also include the group discussion score along with the interview score. And finally the work experience will also get counted. So you need to remember all this aspects.

I would tell you that I am planning for the same course from the same university. So for that I had visited the university a few days back. I just enquired some basic questions and then asked them about the placement and they said that this time the average for all the seniors went really up. So that is really a very good sign for all of us. Also one of my friends completed the MBA from this particular university and they said that the placements here are really good. So I feel that it will be really good if we go on to pursue the course from this particular university.

Thanks a lot for all your answers. I just went through then and would say that I have already benefited from it. I think that it would be really worthy doing that course from Calcutta University as they provide a good placement as well. So I would now really push more to get the admission in this particular university. I would like to thank you all for providing me with the solutions as they have helped me a lot.

faiierfax Guest

objective : to gain practical understanding in the field of finance & banking, I would like to do a summar training or internship from mid May to July in banking sector in Kolkata.
    current status : pursuing MBA (finance) from Heritage institute of technology (approved by AICTE) and MS (banking) from ICFAI university.
    education : B.Com (hons) from Calcutta University with 64% in 2004
    secondary & higher secondary in 1999 & 2001 respectively from West Bengal Board.
    language known : bengali, english, hindi.
    skill : excellent artistic sense, creativity and imagination
    Last edited by Maqbool; 09-04-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Removed External Links.