Thread: Upgradation of computer skills

Upgradation of computer skills

Hi. My name is Rachy. I am working as a system administrator and want upgrade my skills to CCNP (NC) and MCITP Database Administrator: SQL Server 2008. Please suggest if online/distance or classroom training would be helpful for me?

Re: Upgradation of computer skills

I suppose the SQL Server 2008 Administration Training would be a good option. If you want to develop hands-on experience as an SQL Server 2008 Administrator, or prepare for the 70-432 exam then this course is for you! From Installing SQL Server 2008 to Creating SQL Server 2008 Databases, you will get a perfect practice.

Hi, thanks for your valuable feedback. Please suggest if i should take up a short term course for the above courses i order to have abetter idea?

I think that if you want to upgrade your overall skills in some specific field only, then you should try to go for long term courses which will ensure you to get the full utilization of knowledge that is needed, incase if you are working somewhere and dont want to quit and also want to learn this courses then a short term education would be perfect for you.

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have heard about Boot camps. Are they helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    Thanks for your prompt reply. I have heard about Boot camps. Are they helpful?
    Boot camps, as in like training camps are you asking? Basically, if you need to get up to speed fast, IT boot camps are the best way but they will cost you far more than a study guide or computer based training program. Instructor-led classes are also effective but they may take months to complete. Self-directed programs are excellent choices for those who want the independence they offer.

As I have workable knowledge in IT sector, I am thinking aboiut try the boot camp. But not sure which one will be best. Please suggest.

Friends, I have searched the net and have found quite afew boot camps in india for IT studies. Their duration and pricing sems to be good. Any suggestions or advices?