It Management vs Finance, Advise
B.E ECE 55%, Maths 75%
M.sc Advanced Databases, programming 3.4/4
Worked as a Senior Engineer for 3 years in Defence.
Worked on Information Technology Data Management for 2 years
Worked in U.K. for 1 year F500 clients
Handled multiple teams, managed clients.
Raised profits of parent company, improved performance.
I was initially interested in MBA in Finance
BUT i am now skeptical about that decision because
1) The adcoms will view it as career change and i might be rejected.
2) My past work will be a total waste.
3) The work hours are terrible and as a person i dont tend to sit at one place for 20 hrs/day. I rather enjoy M&A, negotiation, etc.
I was considering IT Management
1) The mba matches my career path and it would be easier convincing the adcoms. Duke, Haas, Ross, Yale, so on.
2) Will there be opportunity to grab a senior manager/manager role after mba?
3) Will the pay rates/growth rates be meaningful i.e. 6 figures with bonus and good growth opportunities.
4) I would get to apply to a better school instead of going to a bottom ranked school for mba finance.
5) Also as i have great academics in Data Management, i was planning i could also return back to my Masters university after mba and get an additional course like Analytics which would be extremely useful in Banks.
1) Unsure of the role in IT Management, someone advised me that there are only 2 paths 1) technical- coding, 2) People Mgmt(lies,lies). Any other, like probably M&A or business expansion, how exciting?
2) How are the career prospects after Mba in IT in california.
3) What are the prospects for getting into a CIO, CTO role, i understand that it takes time but is it realistic.
4) Currently being a Team Leader, how likely is it that one can get senior management roles after mba.
5) Also does one have to wait for a long time, i.e. IB interviews take place first, then Consulting, i am not sure when IT Mgmt takes place.
Re: It Management vs Finance, Advise
The first thing i would like to tell you here is that you are totally confused on your own and don't know what to do and what not to do. So first be sure which stream you are choosing and don't be company specific always do what you want and be what you wish to be.
|Tags: it management, mba|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "It Management vs Finance, Advise"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What is Brand Management and Issue Management in Software Development||Angud||Software Development||5||16-07-2012 11:52 AM|
|What is a corporate finance||Nereus||Education Career and Job Discussions||3||18-11-2010 01:03 PM|
|MBA Banking and Finance||kumar7||Education Career and Job Discussions||1||22-07-2010 04:19 PM|
|Meet Global Management Gurus at Goa Institute of Management (GIM)||Career-Minded||Education Career and Job Discussions||1||09-01-2009 05:21 PM|
|Study Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality Management from Nanyang Institute of Management – BMA INDIA||Educated||Education Career and Job Discussions||0||21-11-2008 11:49 AM|