Go Back   TechArena Community > ARENA > Education Career and Job Discussions
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-07-2010

unsure Computer Programming or Computer Science

Hi! My name is coolguy! well...not really....anyway I am looking into a career involving computers. I'm actually not a expert at computers, but I'm learning. I don't know what I should do as a career. Right now, I have decided to go for Computer Programming, but is that the better way to go? What about the demand? And computer science? What would I actually do in the job field? I heard something about it can involve robotics.

This is actually my first time using TechArena Community
Old 25-07-2010
zinksmith1

smile Re: Computer Programming or Computer Science

hi coolguy! career in computers is a gr8 choice. if you decided to go for Computer Programming, its very nice
Actually in the computer job field,there are basicaly three field

1. Programming
2. Database
3. Networking

number of vacancies increases in descending order but pay package decreases
Old 25-07-2010

Re: Computer Programming or Computer Science

Dude i'm a Software developer I worked in several projects nationally. I'm also web developers.
Yes programming is the right choice if you really interested in development but now lots of opportunities coming out in Networking field also. And it is easier to get success in that field.

Fell Free to contact me if you need any kind of help.

Thank You
Old 26-07-2010

ThumbsUp Re: Computer Programming or Computer Science

I learn more about stuff this way thanks!

Networking and programming, sounds interesting. Database not so much, sounds boring. I would love to create software, or i guess how i would picture it in my mind, for example, designing apps for Apple and creating programs that do what i designed them to do. but thats probally all different right?
Old 26-07-2010

Re: Computer Programming or Computer Science

Basically, it is upto your interest depending upon strength and weakness like where you can overcome your output. Usually networking involves things from running ethernet drops to each computer, setting up routers, etc. to security issues such as firewalls, intrusion prevention, etc. Programming involves writing code, debugging code, and improving code. So, it is a matter of choice as per your interest.
Old 28-07-2010

ThumbsUp Re: Computer Programming or Computer Science

well iguess im into networking then, i heard amazing things can be done with programming too.

TechArena Community > ARENA > Education Career and Job Discussions
Tags: , , , ,