Thread: Explain SCEA Certification of Sun Microsystems ?

Explain SCEA Certification of Sun Microsystems ?

I have read about the SCEA i.e Sun Certified Enterprise Architect certification provided by Sun Microsystems. But I am unaware of its entire description. I am looking forward for a certification of Sun Microsystems. So can anyone explain to me, what exactly is Sun Certified Enterprise Architect?

Re: Explain SCEA Certification of Sun Microsystems ?

In today's competitive world, Certifications does provides an upper hand toward's achieving your career in I.T. Software architects are expected to be able to understand and communicate high-level design concepts to programmers and also to improve their designing concept. Thus, the SCEA (Sun Certified Enterprise Architect) certification puts a lot of emphasis on design concepts and less on concrete APIs(Aplication programming Interface). The concepts tested on the Java Architect exam are quite broad and cover a variety of topics. Here are some of the books you can refer to:
    UML distilled by Martin Fowler. Design Patterns book by Gamma, et. al. Enterprise JavaBeans by Richard Monson-Haefel.

Even I am going for the Sun Microsystem's Sun Certified Enterprise Architect Exam. I have recently finished Advanced Java and I have started preparing for this SCEA certification now. This exam is focussed on enterprise architects who are responsible for designing Java EE(Enterprise Edition) compliant applications with an emphasis on making the best use of Java EE features to create scalable, flexible, secure designs and acrhitects. This cetification broadcasts that its Holders can handle advanced design responsibilities and lead roles in creating applications unsin Java.

I am learning Core Java now. But I am also aiming for SCEA. Although cosidered a tough exam once you crack it you are exposed to a new horizon of opportunities to establish your career. The Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA) of Sun Microsystems for J2EE certification signifies that its holders can handle advanced design responsibilities and lead roles in creating applications on an Enterprise base. They are responsible for their architeture design and improvement.