Thread: Wanted used medical transcription books

Wanted used medical transcription books

I want to become a medical transcriptionist. And so I would like to have all the books related to my education. But I don't have a good financial background and so I am in search of some used books. Where can I find the used medical transcription books in India?

Re: Wanted used medical transcription books

Medical transcription is the process whereby one accurately and swiftly transcribes medical records dictated by doctors and others. It involves receiving dictation by tape, digital system or voice file, and using ear phones, a foot pedal for start-stop control and a word processing program. Here is a book named "How to Be a Medical Transcriptionist" available. This book explains the following:
    • Accountability
    • Doctors & dialects
    • Forms & templates
    • At-home and on-site opportunities
    • Being your own boss

It generously features
    • Resources
    • Links to schools & training
    • Reference books & websites

You need a lot of things to be a medical transcriptionist to learn Medical definitions, medications, medical terms by specialty, laboratory terms, surgical terms and abbreviations which are mandatory in this field. But remember as an employee of an office or hospital, you may just be paid on hourly basis. You can get a used book namely "How to Become a Medical Transcriptionist" written by George Morton in only $9.48.

Medical transcription is an allied health profession, which deals in the process of transcription, or converting voice-recorded reports as dictated by physicians and/or other healthcare professionals, into text format. Medical transcriptionists listen to dictated recordings made by physicians and other health care professionals and transcribe them into medical reports, correspondence and other administrative material. Here you will find Delmar's Medical Transcription Handbook online which will help you and solve all the problems. It is written by Rachelle S. Blake.