Thread: IACC'09 - IEEE International Advance Computing Conference

IACC'09 - IEEE International Advance Computing Conference

Thapar University, IEEE Delhi Section and IEEE Computer Society Chapter (IEEE Delhi Section) announced the dates of the IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC’09) at a press conference here today. This is the first time the conference is being held in India since the IEEE was formed in 1884.

Mr. Gautam Thapar, President of Thapar University and Chairman & CEO, Avantha Group said, “India still has a lot to achieve in the field of integrated technology and advanced computing to strengthen networking on a global platform. This conference, organised by Thapar University, seeks to make that possible.”

“IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC’09) will provide a rich learning experience for the students of Thapar University. This is an exciting opportunity for them to interact with acclaimed academicians who will stimulate their collective imagination” said Dr. Abhijit Mukherjee Director – Thapar University.

Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Deepak Garg, Conference Chair said, “IACC’09 offers a common platform for teachers, researchers, professionals and students to discuss important aspects of advance computing. IEEE is the world's leading professional association for the advancement of technology and, at Thapar University we are honoured to be working with them. The benefits for creating research linkages are very high.”

The conference is on March 6th - 7th, 2009 at the Thapar University Campus, Patiala. It is sponsored by IEEE Wipro, TCS and Infosys Technologies Limited. Over 650 distinguished scientists and academicians from India and abroad will deliver lectures and present white papers in advanced computing and allied disciplines. Themes for the conference include algorithms, advance applications, databases and software engineering. For details on the conference please visit: http://iacc.co.in

Re: IACC'09 - IEEE International Advance Computing Conference

IEEE

A non-profit organization, IEEE is the world's leading professional association for the advancement of technology. Through its global membership, IEEE is a leading authority on areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power and consumer electronics among others. Members rely on IEEE as a source of technical and professional information, resources and services. To foster an interest in the engineering profession, IEEE also serves student members in colleges and universities around the world. Other important constituencies include prospective members and organizations that purchase IEEE products and participate in conferences or other IEEE programs. IEEE currently has more than 375,000 members including nearly 80,000 student members in more than 160 countries.

Thapar University

Thapar Polytechnic, Thapar Centre for Industrial Research & Development, and the Thapar University together constitute the Thapar Technology Campus (TTC), which is housed in a 250 acre campus in Patiala. Founded by Late Lala Karam Chand Thapar and inaugurated by the then President of India, Dr Rajendra Prasad, the University came into existence in 1956. Since, its inception, nearly 12000 students have passed out and proceeded to achieve great heights in their professional career. Today, Thapar University is rated amongst the top technical universities in the country with placements within and outside India, and is reputed for its R&D facilities.

Nice discussion. Thanks for sharing such a great information on video conferencing. Video conference is very much useful for the business meetings, educational and training conference. By the way have you heard of Cloudslam09.com which is the world's largest and virtual conference on Cloud Computing its events, innovations and also covering latest trends. I got a good opportunity to update my knowledge on computing Industry and also great opportunity to meet and talk with the world's leading experts on cloud computing. This Cloud Computing Conference 2009 is the 1st annual virtual and video conference on Cloud Computing Industry. I have gathered lot of information on the Computing industry and its technologies.

Thanks for the stuff buddy. I agree with what Emma says.
    I too had attended the Computing conference before. It is the Cloud Computing Virtual Conference 2010, Which is hosted online March 23-25, 2009. It was really good and i experienced a lively conference.

I attended the conference about cloud computing by registering in Cloudslam10 it was a good computing conference discussing about the latest trends and changes in the cloud computing world. It is the 2nd annual virtual conference and i also for an opportunity to meet the worlds leading experts in the cloud computing world.
    Last edited by rupesh; 27-01-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Link removed