Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is Student's Council?

Education Career and Job Discussions

Old 21-02-2009

What is Student's Council?

Hi,

I want to know what is students council?

I am from Mumbai University! I will be joining college next year!

Please help!

Old 21-02-2009

Re: What is Student's Council?

Student council is a curricular or extra-curricular activity for students within grade schools around the world. Present in most public and private K-12 school systems across the United States, these bodies are alternatively entitled student council, student government, Associated Student Body, Student Activity Council. Student councils often serve to engage students in learning about democracy and leadership.

According to the Student Council of Ireland, "A Student Council is a representative structure for students only, through which they can become involved in the affairs of the school, working in partnership with school management, staff and parents for the benefit of the school and its students."[1] The student council helps share students? ideas, interests, and concerns with teachers and school principals. They often also help raise funds for school-wide activities, including social events, community projects and school reform

Wiki

CONFUSE THEM ...
Old 21-02-2009

Re: What is Student's Council?

Reasons to Run for Student Council

Student government might be a good activity for you if you:

1. Like to bring about change.

2. Would enjoy a career in politics.

3. Enjoy planning events.

4. Are outgoing and sociable.

5. Have time to attend the meetings!

Common Student Council Positions

1. President

The class president normally runs council meetings. You can't be shy if you want to be president! The president may also represent the student body in meetings with school administration members. The president is also responsible for the disbursement of funds.

2. Vice President

The vice president assists president in many duties. The vice president also stands in for the president when necessary.

3. Secretary

The class secretary keeps accurate record of meetings and student activities, programs, and sessions. You should be organized and like to write if you run for this position.

4. Treasurer

Are you good with numbers? Interested in bookkeeping or accounting? The treasurer keeps track of funds.

I would like to tell you that I have worked in the Students Council team for my college as a Cultural Secretary & I must say If you want to join it its really gonna help you alot in your future life too almost in every field.
All the best!

http://www.scimd.org/

CONFUSE THEM ...

TechArena Community > ARENA > Education Career and Job Discussions
Tags: , ,