Thread: Career in stock-market

Career in stock-market

Hello,
    I want to make my career in stock market. i know that world is facing recession, but i think this is the right Opportunity to enter in to stock market to learn all the aspects of stock market. so any one knows anything regarding Career opportunities and pre-requisites in stock market please help me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    "Let us remember that our interest is in concord, not conflict, and that our real eminence rests in the victories of peace, not those of war." -McKinley

Re: Career in stock-market

Career opportunities and pre-requisites

Stockbrokers buy and sell stocks, bonds, and other sorts of investments on behalf of their clients, who could be individuals or corporations. Because every investment involves risk, stockbrokers work under a great deal of stress. They must often act quickly, since day-to-day and even hour-to-hour stock market fluctuations could mean the gain or loss of substantial amounts of money. They must be good with figures and good at keeping a cool head when working with enormous sums of money. Buying and selling securities, insurance and commodities demands good interpersonal and sales skills and being well-informed about various investment products.

Jobs in investment banking include those of financial managers, financial analysts and assistants. Researchers and analysts should have a good memory coupled with strong quantitative skills. Fixed income trading positions and derivatives traders require strong analytical skills.

Financial planners must have excellent inter-personal skills in addition to professional skills.

Portfolio managers are responsible for making investment decisions for clients with large sums of money to invest. They need to be well informed about the goals of the client.

Due to advances in telecommunications and computer technology, the securities and commodities industry has become highly automated. Consequently, computer scientists, computer engineers and systems analysts also find employment in the industry today.

Career in the stock market can either be extremely great or very bad because this is a high risk industry & a person with absolute indepth knowledge & strong will can be a part of it successfully.

Good if you join in a Market research position…. If you are talking about the regular stock market.. it will always have Ups and Downs (like stocks).

You are right, this is the right time to enter in to stock market. but if you want to make career in stock market, but let me tell you that it's a vast field and there are many way to earn money in stock market. to make a career out of the stock exchange. you must have knowledge about stock market, understanding the shareholder-broker relation and SEBI and NSDL rules.

There are many institute offer share market course for more detail you can see this theread Courses for stock-market posted in education-career-job