Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

One year management course in US!!!

Education Career and Job Discussions

Old 11-02-2009

One year management course in US!!!

Hi my name is Jason. I?m currently working in supply chain logistic firm. I am planning to pursue one year management course in US as I don?t see any growth in the next two years. My job has become very uncertain due to economic downturn. Now I want to create my skills and abilities so that I can be best employed. Is studying abroad the right option? Please share your thoughts.

Old 11-02-2009

Re: one year management course in US!!!

buddy it's always great and good to study from abroad and pursue a degree for higher carrier and job oppurtunities carrier.........
but you have not mentioned in which field you would like to have a one year management degree........
there are many institutes which also offer in India better oppurtunities.......
Old 11-02-2009

Re: One year management course in US!!!

While applying to B schools, it is best to apply globally rather than restricting yourself to a particular country. People from any industry who are in the middle of their careers and looking for better pay can add a degree of MBA as an important credential.

Send your applications at least 9 -12 months prior to the course starting date. Application fees differs for university to university, therefore it is best to check with each university individually.

And dont worry about the economic slowdown. An MBA degree will be beneficial anytime. It will give ones career a push even if economic recession looms
Old 11-02-2009

Which B-schools do you think you will get accepted in? Are these B-schools of global repute? What's the USP of the B-school and is that in sync with your predicted career path? Most B schools worldwide require students to have at least 2-3 years of work experience as well as the GMAT and TOEFL score. Remember 1 thing, always compare schools rather than comparing countries.
Old 11-02-2009

Make a list of good and reputed colleges in US for management. Target those colleges as far as possible. Its because though, the top colleges will always attract recruiters, recession or no recession, the lower ranked colleges may find it little difficult. Dont worry about global recession, from the beginning you have to work towards convincing the recruiters that you are worth it. And the recession is expected to end by the end of 2010. By the time, you might have completed your management. So that will be a great boon for you.

Remember and follow the following points:
  • Try to seek admission in the tier 1 or top / good ranked / reputed MBA School

• Improve your communication skills, theory and practical knowledge. Remember now the recruiter wants skilled manager and not just one with MBA degree

• Be ready to work hard

• Be ready to face challenges

TechArena Community > ARENA > Education Career and Job Discussions
Tags: , ,