Thread: Want information about MBA in Information Technology

Want information about MBA in Information Technology

Hello

I completed my graduation in commerce. But i am interested in IT. so now i want to do MBA in IT (Information Technology). So can some one provide me information about MBA in Information Technology...?

Thanks

MBA (IT) programme equips you with knowledge that goes much beyond the boundaries of a Master's Programme. The course provides a right blend of management education and technical knowledge, with special emphasis on experiential learning.

Eligibility: Graduation with minimum of 50% marks. Admission to General Seats (50%), Uttaranchal Seats + 35% All India and 15% management seats of MBA. Programme is conducted by institution level counseling on the merit based on the valid score of MAT score.

Why you are doing MBA in Finance because you are commerce student..

Thanks for Information provided to me can some one provide me information about MBA colleges in Mumbai.

I will suggest you to go for Software marketing because as i heard that lots of people are already there for MBA(IT) but MBA in software marketing has again gaining an importance in IT fileld. But it should be under recognized university or an Institute.

There are four types of MBA programs as mention follow You can chose any one from them But i will suggest go for Full time MBA.

1. Full time MBA lasting two years
    2. Part time MBA programs last 3 years; classes are usually held in the evenings
    3. Executive MBA programs last for two years or less and designed for working managers and executives. The participants work full time.
    4. Distance MBA's are usually held off campus and correspondence and online interactive broadcasting is the mode of study

Quote Originally Posted by Yuvraj View Post
    Eligibility: Graduation with minimum of 50% marks. Admission to General Seats (50%), Uttaranchal Seats + 35% All India and 15% management seats of MBA. Programme is conducted by institution level counseling on the merit based on the valid score of MAT score.
    About Eligibility depends upon colleges because some colleges for MBA in IT is following:

• A bachelor's degree in any faculty of any statutory University with 45% or more marks (40% or more marks for students belonging to SC, ST/DT, NT, OBC, SBC for Maharashtra State only)

Or

A masters degree in any faculty of any statutory University with 45% or more marks (40% or more marks for students belonging to SC, ST/DT, NT, OBC, SBC for Maharashtra State only)

• Candidates will be shortlisted for GDPI on the basis of the score obtained in one of the national admission tests namely ATMA, CAT, MAT, XAT & JMET.

Re: Want information about MBA in Information Technology

Hello everyone,

I have completed my B.E(C.S.E), 2008 passed out. I m interested in doing MBA but i m confused because i don't know which course i can choose whether MBA(IT) of MBA(software marketing).

I want to know which one is best choice for my carrier, can you guide me please..

Thank you.

First of all, Congratulations for your Graduation in Computer Science Engineering.

Now further if you are deciding to do MBA, I would suggest you to go for -

MBA (IT) - If you want to do a job in core IT field in multi-national IT industry at a good managing post.

MBA (software maketing) - If you are interesting in gaining and promoting the features of differeny\t and upcoming softwares.

could you please tell me what is meant by domain and sector in MBA.

can u also suggest some good foreign universities (preferably UK) for the same.
    what are the general pre-requisites for the foreign universities and Indian B-Schools

If you are planning to do executive MBA. I suggest you to choose i2it for

I WANT TO MAKE MY CAREER INIT FIELD,,,SO CAN I DO DIRECTLY MBA(IT)

IF NO THEN IF I WILL DO PGDCA THEN AFTER CAN I DO MBA(IT)??

Hi dear MBA in IT is better option for You But you will choose Online mBA in IT it is good idea for you You will complete you MBA degree with your job. Many University are Offered Online MBA in India.

hi,i am studying in the final year of B.sc.IT,and want to do MBA in IT.Please help about the procedure regarding CAT exam ang related courses

Doing MBA in IT will have no use of programming logic which i have achieved while doing my BSc.IT course,what would you recommend i to do in my future.

i have not taken admission in MBA yet,i am studying in BSc IT last year,so what else can i do in IT field.

I have done my BMS and now im interesting in MBA for Computer Hardware and Software. Can any one suggest me in which field should i go..

Hi ,
    i have done my engineering in Computer Science and have got 2 years and 10 months of experience in the IT industry as a software engineer.
    can anyone please tell me that if i want to switch role from IT to management (pertaining to IT industry only), is MBA in IT a good option?
    is there any other option also available ?

please provide your views regarding as this would help me in taking the correct decision

Thanks in advance

Yes you can. If you are looking for the Management studies in IT field then you are on the right way. Nowdays the MBA also offers the system or IT. As you are having experience in IT field then MBA will help you out for the Upgradation in the same. The better way to prepare for the CAT and appear to get admission in IIM which is the best for MBA courses.

If you wanted to do the MBA in IT from the IIM which is the best in Master courses then you have to prepare for the CAT exam. Qualifying CAT is not easy but if you prepare well for it then you will get it clear. Application form for the CAT entrance out in November. Based on the marks of the CAT result most of other university also offers the MBA program. You can also appear for the CET which based on the Maharashtra board MBA program. So prepare for it and go for it. To know more about the courses and preparation you can check out then university official website.

As you are having just a bachelor degree and less programming knowledge i will advise you to go with the MBA courses to enhance your future. Doing MBA in System is great advantage for the IT students. Their are several colleges offering MBA System courses through CAT And CET. So if you can then go with the MBA courses. You can also go for the certification couses like CCNA, Oracle etc which will be added advantage for you.

I suggest that you do an analysis of your interests and choose your specialization accordingly. MBA in systems could be one of your considerations. Take a look at following document. It might help:-

http://www.advancedge.com/hot_links/...BA_Systems.pdf

There are lots of universities in UK. You can go for some UK MBA program guide which will give you a much more information on the same. Here I am giving you the list of universities with fees and duration. This is for fresh graduates with now work experience. The first is the name of university, then comes the duration and then fees.
    1. University of Stirling Scotland - 1 year - £ 11,300
    2. University of Wales Institute Cardiff - 1 year - £ 9,000
    3. Cardiff University - 1 year - £ 14,700
    4. University of Abertay Dundee Scotland - 1 year - £ 9,540
    5. University of Aberdeen Scotland - 1 year - £ 9,500
    6. West London College - 1.5 years - £ 7,650

MBA in Information Technology include the basic principles for new IT trends. An MBA in information technology is very specialized. training in information technology also includes the theory of information management and related applications. Coursework includes accounting, finance and economics related to the industry of information technology.

If you really want to make use of the programming logic that you had studied while you were in BSc IT then it will be nice if you can go for some sort of certifications. You have already taken admission in MBA well that is the thing I guess so I would say that if you are really interested in programming then you can join the weekend batches or some part time batches and see if you can enhance your skills with these.

There is a quiet a wide scope for MBA in IT Sector also. As you can see the IT sectors entirely relies on skilled labor. To manage them, generating new project, handling operations are some task which are not easy to learn. You need a good specialization to under the business need and enhance them as and when needed. MBA in IT provides you to work with IT sector and develop managerial skills to handle a large organization.

I had gone through some articles which says that MBA in IT will not really give you a nice career boost. But that entirely depends on the IT sectors. For example you are working in a IT Industry and for getting to an position of Manager or Project Head you will need experience + a specialized course. This will reduce the time of struggle and you can achieve higher goals. It is mostly recommended to achieve a Master degree from Universities instead of Private courses.