Go Back   TechArena Community > ARENA > Education Career and Job Discussions
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Education Career and Job Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 22-08-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 37
Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria
  

Hi,
I want to join police department so can anybody please tell me what is the eligibility criteria for IPS (Indian Police Service)?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22-08-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 24
Hello Ayaz!
Graduation from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS. He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Civil Services Exam every year. The Civil Services Exam holds the key for entry into a number of prestigious jobs in the country including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS).

IAS, IFS, and IPS are the top three services of Group A, Central Services. The other Group A services include Indian Customs and Central Excise Service, Indian Revenue Service, and Indian Postal Service.

Civil Services Exam consists of preliminary exam (prelims), main exam (mains), and interview. The prelims are usually held in May /June. Mains are held in October/November. The exam is notified in December. Application forms can be obtained from designated post offices around the country and the exams are held in major cities.
All The Best!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22-08-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 24
IPS PROCEDURES AND POLICIES 20092010
This PDF file will be the needful document for all applicants for IPS.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-09-2008
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 37
Thanks alot Nihal sir & amar sir!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-01-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Hi guys My name is Manoj . I am a 22 year graduate. Want to join IPS. I have gone through eligibility criteria. But I want to ask one thing from you guys what is the eligibility criteria for the health. Means I uses spectacles. Can I join IPS while I use the specs. Please any body answer me.
Waiting for your reply.
Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-01-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,218
Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj chaudhary View Post
Hi guys My name is Manoj . I am a 22 year graduate. Want to join IPS. I have gone through eligibility criteria. But I want to ask one thing from you guys what is the eligibility criteria for the health. Means I uses spectacles. Can I join IPS while I use the specs. Please any body answer me.
Waiting for your reply.
Thank you very much.
Did you check with the post made by Amar saxsena? In the link given all the criteria for eligibility are already present.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-01-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

I am trying to find that particular post. Still unable to find that post . Could please anybody suggest and answer my question that I posted earlier. I would be greatful to you if you answer my question.
Thank you for your reply and looking for reply of my question.
Thank you very much.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17-06-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1
Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

hi sir
myself rajeev gurung from sikkim i want to do ias/ips and i am graduated in the year 2008 BBA so could you please let me how can i do my preparation and what are things that i need before filling up of forms





Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihal G View Post
Hello Ayaz!
Graduation from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IPS. He/She should be 21years to 30 yrs of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held Civil Services Examination.

The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Civil Services Exam every year. The Civil Services Exam holds the key for entry into a number of prestigious jobs in the country including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS).

IAS, IFS, and IPS are the top three services of Group A, Central Services. The other Group A services include Indian Customs and Central Excise Service, Indian Revenue Service, and Indian Postal Service.

Civil Services Exam consists of preliminary exam (prelims), main exam (mains), and interview. The prelims are usually held in May /June. Mains are held in October/November. The exam is notified in December. Application forms can be obtained from designated post offices around the country and the exams are held in major cities.
All The Best!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 22-06-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Thank you very much for your reply.
Could you answer my this last query regarding this prestigious exam .
Query : I am a graduate . I am looking for IPS Exam. But I uses specs ( Spectacles) . Will it be a negative point. Can a person who is using specs is eligible and if he passes the civil join the IPS.
Please answer this last query.
Looking for your reply.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 23-06-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 427
Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Eye sight - 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.
6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 23-06-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 388
Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Download the attachment below. The attachment includes all details regarding eligibility, education, physical status, etc. Review it thoroughly. It is an complete guide which will provide you information about the rule and regulations for qualifying an IPS examination.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 8695032-Civil-Services-Examination-2009.pdf (306.6 KB, 119 views)
File Type: pdf notificationd.pdf (29.7 KB, 97 views)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 16-07-2009
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar saxsena View Post
IPS PROCEDURES AND POLICIES 20092010
This PDF file will be the needful document for all applicants for IPS.
The PDF file provided here is for IPS(International Peace Scholorship) fund. This is not at all a reference to Indian Police Services(IPS)

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 25-07-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 4
unsure Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

Is there any reason that you are planning to join Police ?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 25-07-2009
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 610
Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

In addition to proper eyesight, the physic of the candidate is also one of the important factors which includes weight, height, health, etc.

You can improve your eyesight by performing daily Yoga...it really increases your eyesight power...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-08-2009
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1
question Re: Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria

hiiiii...evry 1 my name is pushpinder singh ..my aim in life is to become a i.p.s officer....so i wanna know more abt the eligibilty criteria ...plzz helpp mee...
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > ARENA > Education Career and Job Discussions
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Indian Police Service Examination (IPS) Eligibility criteria"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Karnataka CET Eligibility criteria messi-m Education Career and Job Discussions 1 09-08-2012 03:42 PM
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Examiniation Eligibility Criteria Mr Alfa Education Career and Job Discussions 5 02-09-2011 10:04 PM
Eligibility criteria for MCA Abhiraj Education Career and Job Discussions 3 10-11-2009 03:21 PM
Indian Forest Service Examination, (IFS) 2009 Saku Education Career and Job Discussions 5 11-08-2009 03:24 PM
Eligibility Criteria for KIITEE 2009 Cool_Rahul Education Career and Job Discussions 2 03-04-2009 09:37 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:43 AM.