Thread: Information about MCA

Information about MCA

Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a three-year (six semester) professional Master's Degree in computer science awarded in India. The course was designed to meet the growing demand for qualified professionals in the field of Information Technology (computer software). It is a postgraduate course that can be taken up after obtaining a Bachelor's Degree.

Most MCA institutes accept students having mathematics as a subject either in high school (11th and 12th standards), or in graduation. They also require a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.

Hi Subodh,
    Can you give some more information about MCA colleges in Mumbai?
    I want to know about the best colleges for MCA available in Mumbai.
    Thanks you!

Hi AFFAN!
    Here you will get information about eligibility for MCA!

MCA Colleges In India

Following is the list of colleges in India with addres, eligibility criteria and course duration which provides MCA degree.

Affiliated to Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Institute of Technology and Science, Gaziabad Graduation
    Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Banaras Hindu University, Varnasi Graduation (must have Passed Class XII with Mathematics)
    Motilal Nehru Regional Engineering College, Allahabad Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Dr. BR Ambedkar University, Agra Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Institute of Management-Education, Ghaziabad Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    College of Engineering, Department of Computer Science and Technology, Kakinada Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Kakatiya University, Warangal Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Mahatma Gandhi College, Guntur Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Visakha Institute for Professional Studies, Vishakapatnam Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Hyderabad University, Hyderabad-500046 Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam Graduation(50%)
    JNTU College of Engineering, Mahaveer Marg, Hyderabad Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Assam Engineering College, Dibrugarh Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Tezpur University,Tezpur Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Banasthali Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Birla Institute of Information technology, Pilani Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Jodhpur University, Jodhpur Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    University of Rajasthan, Jaipur Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Magadh University, Patna Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Regional Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Birla Institute of Information technology, Mersa, Ranchi BSc./ BA with Mathematics(50%)
    Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Delhi University, Delhi Class XII
    Delhi University, Delhi BCA/ BSc.
    jamia Hamdard University, hamdard Nagar, New Delhi BCA/ Graduation with CIC
    Guru Gobind Singh IP University , Kashmere Gate Graduation
    Goa University, Talcigas Plateau Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Gujarat University, Ahmedabad Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    South Gujarat University, Surat Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidya Nagar Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    MS University of Baroda, Vadodara Graduation(55%)
    Gulbarga University, Gulbarga Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi BCA/ Graduation with CIC
    Karnataka Regional Engineering College Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Christ College, Houst Road, Banglore Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Banglore Insttute of Technology, banglore Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Visweshwara Technological University, Banglore Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Manglore Unversity, Mangalagangotri Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Adminstrative Management College, JayaNagar,Banglore Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Mahatma Gandhi Uniersity, Kochi Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra Graduation (60%)/ Must Have Passed any 2: Pysics/mathematics/Electronics/Computer Science/Statistics/management/Economics
    or BE/Btech./Bcom (60%)/PG (55%)/Post BSc./ Diploma
    in Computer Science and Application/Post MA/MSc. Diploma
    in Computer Science
    Vikram University, Ujjain Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Pt. Ravi Shankar Shudra University, Bhopal Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Devi Ahilya Vshwavidyalaya Institute of Management Studies, Indore BSc./Bcom/BA with mathematcis at Class XII level (55% aggregate)
    Madhya Pradesh Bhuj University, Bhopal Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Maulana Azad College of Technology, Bhopal Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Jiwaji University of Technology, Gwalior, Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Amravati University, Amravati Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Government College of Engineering, VidyaNagar, Karad Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    University of Pune, ganeshkhind, Pune Grauation(50%) pass mark for Reserved Category/inal year graduate/appearing in GATE 2001
    Bharti Vidyapeeth's Institute of Management and Entreprenuership Development, Pune Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    University of Bombay, Mumbai Graduation in any Dicipline
    Behrampur University, Behrampur Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Punjab University Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Bharatisadan University, Thanjavur Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Nehru Mechanical College, Tiruchchirappalli Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Anna University, Guindy, Chennai Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Bharathiar University, Coimbatore Bachelor's degree in Mathematics/Stats/Communication/Physics/Chemistry/Electronics/BBM/Computer Science/APSC/Computer Technology with Ancil Mathematics in ICI
    Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai bachelor's(1 division) in Applied Science with mathematics as Major Subject/ Bcom/BBA wth Mathematics at Senior Secondary
    Ponicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Sri Vasavi College, Erode Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Madras Christian College, Chennai Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Presidency College, Chennai Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    University of Calcutta, Kolkata Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Vidyasagar University, Midnapore Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    North Bengal Unversity, Darjeeling Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    Jadavpur University, Jadavpur, Kolkata Bachelor's degree with Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics. Etc.
    University of Jammu, Jammu Graduation(50%) (40% fro SC/ST)

Can you guys tell me which is the best college for MCA in Mumbai & Pune?
    My daughter is in second year & want her to take admission for MCA course.
    Please help me.

Re: Information about MCA

i am a college student.in this year i have proceeded to 2nd year bt the problem is that wen i have got admission in college i was having bsc botany honours but wen i have got my result in 12th december 2011 i saw that my honours got cut and i secured a generel position in botany so i am now studying botany generel and i will be continuing that till my graduation now my question is that i have planned to do mca after my graduation.so please if anyone can tell me regarding mca(MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATION) from 1st to last i will be very gratefull to him/her.......pls reply soon as soon as possible