Thread: English language courses in British Council, Delhi

English language courses in British Council, Delhi

I come to know that British Council in Delhi offers English Courses at all levels from Beginners to Advanced. I wanted to enroll in the English Course. Please tell me am I eligible to take the course since I am a grduate and working in a company.

The British Council in Delhi runs many tailor-made courses to different needs.

Business Communication Skills

Our Business English courses offer professional people the chance to improve their English which they need for work. You will cover a range of grammar and vocabulary used in business settings, and build your skills in areas such as writing for business, giving presentations, talking on the telephone and holding meetings.

The venue is The British Council, Delhi . The duration is 32-hour course running over eight weeks.

Presentation Skills

This highly practical course provides you with a full understanding of all aspects of effective presentation skills. It includes- how to prepare, structure and deliver presentations, techniques for creating interest and impact, reduce stress, deal with voice and breathing and how to handle your audience effectively.

The venue is The British Council, Delhi and the duration is 32-hour running over eight weeks and can be run intensively as a training package for organisations.

In this above courses you could enroll yourself.

Dear Sir

I come to know that British Council in Delhi offers English Courses at all level. I wanted to enroll in the English Course. Presently i am working in customer service.i want to improove my english so how can i take a admission. please help me.

Thanks

Re: English language courses in British Council, Delhi

I am Akram Qureshi.I want to know about english language courses for teachers of english run by the british council.

Resources, advice and professional development opportunities for both learners and teachers of English.
    http://www.britishcouncilonline.org/...e-teaching.asp

The British Council does NOT validate or accredit any teacher training qualifications and we cannot comment on specific courses. The Accreditation Scheme for UK English language providers (run jointly by the British Council and EnglishUK) assesses qualifications solely for the purpose of deciding whether an organisation meets its requirements for the Teaching and learning criteria of the Scheme. The managers of our Teaching Centre operations overseas and our central London-based recruitment team for our overseas Teaching Centres assess qualifications for the purpose of deciding whether someone is qualified to do the job.

TEFL initial (certificate-level) qualifications

TEFL initiating qualifications are first-level qualifications for teachers who want to enter the profession. The British Council considers that TEFL initiating qualifications should be externally validated by a reputable examination body (usually a university or a recognised examinations board).
    contain at least six hours supervised teaching practice (i.e. practice where a qualified assessor observes the trainee teacher teaching real TEFL students and gives feedback to the trainee on his/her performance).Contain at least 100 hours of TEFL input.

TEFL qualifying (diploma-level) qualifications

TEFL qualifying qualifications are a higher level qualification, usually taken by teachers with relevant experience who want to follow a career in TEFL. The British Council considers that TEFL qualifying qualifications should be externally validated by a reputable examination body (usually a university or a recognised examinations board). require candidates to have prior EFL teaching experience. contain at least five hours supervised teaching practice (i.e. practice where a qualified assessor observes the trainee teacher teaching real TEFL students and gives feedback to the trainee on his/her performance). Contain at least 100 hours of TEFL input.