Thread: Which one is better Networking or Programming

Which one is better Networking or Programming

I am looking for some career in IT field. Rightnow my friends recommend me two choices. Once is networking and other one is programming. I am not able to decide which one is better. When I searched on Google I found scope on both of them. But unable to figure out which one is really better. I want to go for a full time course in one of them from the best university. Which one will you recommend.

Re: Which one is better Networking or Programming

I will recommend you to first meet some people who are in the field and talk to them. Then can give you more highlight in the career prospects. Both field are great, but it is necessary that you have the right degree to get good job.

Programming is a broader concept. There are ample of job oppurtinity available in it. You can go for the best career you want. In Programming remember that you need to have a good base. Or else it will be a very boring job. First you can go with the syllabus information. It also depends on your area of interest. Things which you do not understand and if you try to learn them it will be complicated for you to work in it. It is necessary that you must first checkout what this courses are offering you. Now there are different educational institution available in the market which has a customizable course solution. It is really confusing. If you leave programming aside, then Networking is another great way of having a good career. It is not vast, but it requires skills. Just studying is not enough in it. You will need to get valuable working experience by working bigger firms as intern and then only you can move ahead with a full time job opportunity. In networking you can have a stable career throughout your life, while in programming you will need to keep on getting expert. There are constant changes in technology which generate new challenges for the people. It is necessary that you remain updated all the time.

I have some of my friends in networking you are really earning a good amount of money. The pursued their graduation in IT first and then they move ahead with course in networking and gain additional certificates.