Thread: What position are available under Marine Engineering

What position are available under Marine Engineering

I am planing to go for Marine Engineering. But I am not aware about the job prospects. I am looking for different post which are available under it. I had made a list of colleges in which I will try for admission. This course is suggested to me by my uncle who is in similar field on a ship. I had seen there is nice career in it and also travel benefits. But still I am unable to find the exact job prospect in which I can gain specialization. Can anyone guide me on this in more detail.

Re: What postions are available under Marine Engineering

There are number of job titles here. A Marine Engineer is eligible to take care about the ware and tare of ships. So there are jobs like Pumpman, Harbor Master, Chief Engineer, etc. It is really having a good prospect and earnings are great. But if you work for Merchant Navy then you can earn lot more than what you get for others. It is much more better. And if you are planing for abroad, then you can simply go for this as your earnings will raise much more higher.

Re: What postions are available under Marine Engineering

Marine Engineering is just not limited to ships. Engineers are also required in boards oil rigs and many marine vessels. So it is a specialization course which gives you ample of options to choose what you want. The courses will teach you to work with maintenance of vessels and sea structure. It is a great career with good earning and depending on the firm you opt to work for. It is correct that if you work for Merchant Navy you earn a lot more compared to others.

Re: What position are available under Marine Engineering

If you are going for this course, then I will recommend you to try abroad. Invest once in your career and live a grand life. Here you will be involved in design, operation and support for system used in ships. Number of day to day operation, installation, etc are counted under this. It is also related to Mechanical Engineering. It is necessary that you must gain a good experience in chemistry, electric, hydraulic, etc. It is a job of responsibility and also needs a great skills.

Re: What position are available under Marine Engineering

The job prospect will mostly keep you on ship for almost half of the year or even more than that. If you love travelling then you can go for this course. When you are done with the course you are appointed as a official in the ship. Marine Engineers are mostly involved in construction, supervising, installation, operations, etc kind of job. Here they have to take care about the ship stuff. There are great earnings in this job. You have to pursue the course from some decent institution.