Thread: Job in Linux or in I.T. security

Exclamation Job in Linux or in I.T. security

I am B.Sc.I.T. graduate from Mumbai university with 1st class. I am basically interested in Linux and in security part required in I.T. field. I am very well acquainted with Linux and I have used some. I can write shell scripts and know the commands required. I want a job in company which can provide me opportunity to work on Linux to maintain their data and system permission and all other such things. I wanted to know names of companies which hires freshers for such jobs. I would like to know some high profile companies as well as Low profile companies from Mumbai. Can someone help me?

Just exploring the emoticos, they are really fun.

Re: Job in Linux or in I.T. security

Well, for a fresher it is really hard to find out any placements. What you can do is upload your resume to monster or naukri.com websites and then apply for the kind of job that you are looking for. There is one such company named Softaculous Ltd that is hiring Linux Kernel Developer with following details:

Experience : 0
    Salary Range: Rupees 2,25,000 - 5,00,000
    Functional Area: IT

You can try uploading your resume or contacting them on jobs@softaculous.com.

Thanks educated for the information, I have applied in the company you gave me. But I have applied over Naukri.com, Monster.com, Timesjobs.com and some other such sites. But all I get in reply is BPO and other out of profile stuff. I thought that this forum must be visited by some Linux pros, so the query. Could someone provide me more names for companies plz....

You can try to get yourself an entry level postion working with linux/unix. Usually a BS in CIS, MIS, COMP ENGINEERING, COMP SCIENCE helps you join an entry level postion then through experience you can join and become a linux adminstrator. There is this company called TCS in Nirlon Compound, Goregaon East, Mumbai. You can try to apply here for linux kind of job.