Thread: Additional Courses after Mass Communication

Additional Courses after Mass Communication

My cousin has recently completely her Mass Communication and now she is planning to study further but the problem is that she have no idea what she prefer. Yesterday she came to me and asked for help but I wasn’t able to guide her as I am completely unaware of Mass media field. I wanted to somehow help her out and it is possible only from here. Guys please help me out in guiding her. Make sure that you mention all the courses that are possible after completing Mass communication.

Re: Additional Courses after Mass Communication

If she has completed her graduation course then I would suggest you to tell her to carry forward with the following post graduation courses which I have mentioned below. It would be much preferable to do the following courses if you have done your degree in Arts i.e. Bachelors of Arts:

• Masters of Arts in Communication
    • Masters of Arts in Mass Communication and Management
    • Masters of Arts in Journalism and Communication
    • Masters of Arts in Journalism
    • Masters of Arts in Journalism and Mass Media

There is a huge scope after you complete your Mass communication and Journalism. If you want to take up my suggestion better do not go for doing any further courses instead try to get placed as soon as possible. You can easily be placed at diverse fields in mass communication as mass communication is not just limited with journalism.

You can try your hands in radio and television companies, corporate world, entertainment industry, media industry, advertising agencies, public relations agencies etc. I am sure you can earn enough of money in these industries.

As per my point of view I think with a graduate qualification in mass communication you can manage to get 15,000 to 20,000 per month.

I have completely my graduation from Arts with Literature and now I am pursuing my IIPPPC course i.e. Integrated International Post Graduate Program in Photography & Cinematography. It is a Post Graduate Diploma which comes under the category of Film, Media, Journalism, Mass Communication and sub category of Cinematography.

There is no special pre-education you have to gain to get admission for this course, you just to graduate yourself with any stream. The only criteria that need to fulfill is pass out the NICC Entrance exam. After your graduation if you complete the NICC entrance exam you may get the seat.

You can apply for M.A in Journalism and Mass Communication. It’s a two years course with 4 semesters which requires the minimum qualification of any bachelor’s degree. This course is a type of Master Degree so you can either take it as your post graduation or you can call it as a master course. You may get the entire details of this course from Academy for Professional Excellence (APEX) which is located at Kolkata, West Bengal. Yes this is the only and the best institute which offers M.A (Journalism and Mass Communication) - MAJM.

Also you can prefer doing Advance Certificate Programme in Television Journalism. For this course not just graduates are preferable but also first year students can apply for it.

Here are the lists of post graduation courses that you may make as your future option.

• P.G in Hindi Journalism
    • P.G Graduation Diploma in Journalism
    • P.G Graduation in Media Management
    • P.G Graduation in Advertising & Public Relations

I am not sure what they offers but when I searched on internet I found them as one of the appropriate options so I guess you can go for any of the above mentioned options.