Thread: Does doing a course from costly institute can only provide better job

Does doing a course from costly institute can only provide better job

I am done with my graduation and now sitting idle at home. I am planning to do a Java course from the best repudiated computer institute. I did BSc. IT as my degree course. Now the problem rising in my mind is from where exactly I should initiate my affords. I mean, when I searched on internet I found number of computer institutes at my location and each institute has their own policies with certain dos and don’ts.

Where exactly should I go and take the admission for this course. Getting the best institute is not an issue but my doubt is whether doing this course from a costly institute really matters? Will they help me to get a better job in future after the completion of my course? Should I go for a costly institute or should I just prefer some average institute?

Re: Does doing a course from costly institute can only provide better job

According to me I guess doing a course from an average institute will be fine. Average means, an institute that is well reputed with well faculty and well teaching. I did almost all my computer courses from St. Angelos Computers Ltd. For me it was well under my budget and also I found that the knowledge sharing was very impressive. If you are looking out for an institute which is within your budget with well teaching then go for it. Getting a job is for sure once you complete the course.

I must say that you do not take any risk with your course, especially with a course like JAVA. JAVA is such a subject that needs more and more training. Choosing an institute which is best with theoretical aspect is not going to make any sense for you and I guess this is what has been suggested to you right above.

There are institutes that assure a guaranteed job after the completion of the course but however most of them do not stand by their words. They just fake during the admission with committing lots of good things which makes a person to take the admission. I would say that do not select any such institute which would assure you with a guaranteed job. It is you who has to get the job after the completion of the course. And regarding choosing a costly institute completely depends upon you.

Don't waste your time studying. Take whatever job that comes your way and build your career. Job experience holds more value than a degree.

Now a days there’s no institute is perfect I must say. Earlier there used to be at least one to two institutes that used to stand by their words of providing an internship or a permanent job after the course. But now even those institutes have started faking a lot. You won’t find even a single institute that would promise you to give a better job. As already said above it’s you who have to work hard, study well and try to get the best out of yourself. These days the only job of an institute is to teach you so and so thing. That’s it.

Pay them some ransom amount and they will teach for what you have paid them. Cheap or costly institute doesn’t going to help you out while getting the job.

Yes, that’s correct. No company is going to ask you from where exactly you have completed your course; nor they are going to ask you how much you have paid for your course. The only thing they are going to ask you is what you have learnt and how much you have understood. This is what exactly happened with me. I did my .Net certification course from Aptech (hope you know this is one of the best institute in India). They thought me and trained me well but when the time came for me to get a job nobody from any company asked me about this institution and also they didn’t asked me about how much I scored and so on. My interview was taken when certain number of rounds and in each round they kept on asking me question related to the course I have done. But still I think that doing a course from a reputed institute matters a lot (and reputed institute obviously costs a lot).

If you prefer a cheap institute definitely its value is going to decrease and if you choose a costly institute like NIIT and Aptech the value of what so ever course do will increase. I know that during the interview people do not bother to ask you about your institute but once when you tell them that you are from so and so institute the standard get automatically raised and a positive impact is made in their mind about you. Rest everything depends upon you.

What about the studies my friend? There is nothing wrong in what you have said; people do get impressed when they come to know that you are from a reputed institute but what about the knowledge. i am not trying to blame or point out any institute but just wanted to tell that there are still certain institute who are simply bigger in name and fame but there is nothing special inside them. I have many of my friends who are currently suffering a huge loss after they paid a big amount in a computer institute. I was surprised to know that after the completion of their course they were same as before. I guess they gained nothing from that institute. When I asked them they told me that the faculty was actually not great in any sense. We should be very much aware before we take admission in any institute.

Don’t go in the name and fame of the institute. I am one of the biggest victims who suffered a lot just because of the worst faculty and management. Last year I took an admission in Aptech institute (I think you people call it as the best institute) of Mumbai branch, for a JAVA certification course. Paid a huge amount of 30 thousand for three papers. Initially I was well satisfied with the completion of first paper. And there came the entire problem. I found that they were even unable to make a time slot available in order to arrange my lecture, actually the branch was suffering due to lack of faculty but that wasn’t my problem. Later on however I managed to complete my 2nd paper too which took around 6 months (I was committed to complete the course by the end of 6 months). Still I am unaware of what exactly happened with the last paper. I paid the whole amount but left the course in half way as they were unable to arrange a professor for me who could teach the 3rd paper.

Now here comes the most interesting thing. still now I haven’t received a certificate for even my first paper. Whenever I contact them they note down the details and that’s it. No further action is being taken. This is what happens when I do a course in a highly reputed (just for name sake) institute like this.

I understand your issue. You have suffered a lot but my friends let me tell you something, not all institutes are the same. I am an NIIT student, completed my three years of software engineering and guess what? I also got a job from there itself as promised to me. Yes, during the time of admission they promised me to get a job and that is what they exactly did. Quite happy with their teaching and management.