Thread: How to apply or recruit in RAW in India at different posts?

How to apply or recruit in RAW in India at different posts?

I recently finished my HSC examination from Maharashtra Board with Distinction. I haven’t decided on my future career and I have joined B.Sc. I.T. for getting a graduate degree. Actually my father is in police force and I too aspire to lend my service for security of my nation. Recently I watched movie Agent Vinod starring Saif Ali Khan in which he plays an RAW agent. I researched about this organization and found out that it is an organization meant for research in field of crime. But the level at which this organization operates is very high. I wanted to know how to join RAW, is there any examination or course that we need to pass to get there? Can somebody tell me about it?

Re: How to apply or recruit in RAW in India at different posts?

R&AW stands for Research and Analysis Wing. First thing that I would like to tell you is that there is no direct way of entering R&AW, neither there is any examination or course that you have to complete. R&AW is an independent organization working for Indian government since 1968. This organization has its own criteria to pick employees or recruit agents for their work. Since you cannot directly enter R&AW, the recruits are picked from Indian army, IPS, IB, IAS, CBI or even from institutes. There is no fixed source to get recruits from. A great example of this is that current chief of R&AW is P K Hormis Tharakan who is an IPS officer from batch of year 1968. Before him Mr. K.C.Verma was chief of R&AW. Before becoming chief of R&AW, he was chief of IB. The tenure of working in R&AW as an agent is from 2 to 5 years. After completion of this period, the agent again goes back to the old services he was in before becoming an R&AW agent. Some R&AW agents who have finished their tenure also get to handle high level administrative posts in MNCs.

As we know that there is no direct entry into R&AW, the most closest way that I can tell you is that of becoming a IAS officer. This way is not simple and you have to put in lots of effort by studying day and night for it. Just a simple IAS officer won’t do, you have to top in the examinations and show enthusiasm, dedication and loyalty towards your work. R&AW will then let you appear for their examination which will be tougher than that of IAS. Passing it will take you to the next round that is of Personality Test. Once you have passed this test, you have to undergo training.

Another way of getting into R&AW is by joining the Indian Army. But when you are selected as a recruit of R&AW from Indian Army, you will be assigned the job of Field Operations. If selected, you will be starting as junior officer. Based on your performance, you will be promoted to the higher senior posts. Some recruits are also assigned to general duties, telecommunication and economic duties besides field operations. The tenure of the R&AW agents on field operations is long. You have to serve as an agent in field operations for eight year to get promoted to the senior posts. Depending on the work and operation, you can also be posted in foreign countries. This work is mainly assigned to agents in General duties under secretary, deputy secretary, director, joint secretary and additional secretary. These posts are handled by secretary, deputy secretary, director, joint secretary and additional secretary agents chosen from IAS toppers.

The posts that you can be appointed depends from where you have been selected to join the services in R&AW. The posts that you will be appointed to are Director, Special Director, Secretary, Joint Director, Joint Deputy Director and Deputy Central Intelligence Officer. If chosen from Indian Army or any other defensive organization, then you will be appointed at Assistant Central Intelligence Officer, Assistant Central Intelligence Officer, Junior Officer and Security Assistant Executive. Also if you are good at hacking computers and have good technical knowledge, you can join R&AW as an agent.

Hi.

Just check everyday on internet.There are details and processes