Thread: How to do JBT Teacher Training after 12th class, which course?

How to do JBT Teacher Training after 12th class, which course?

I just passed my HSC Examination in Arts stream from Maharashtra Board with 61%. Before my HSC examination, I had been taking tuitions of children till 8th standard in my home. I have been doing this for past three years and I have a good experience of teaching children. I think that I will make a good teacher and children will learn many good things from me. So coming to the point, my basic interest is in becoming a teacher in a school. I enquired about teacher’s job along with my older friends in locality who also are teachers. They said that becoming a teacher in a government school is very beneficial. I didn’t ask about it in much detail, but can anyone tell me how to get job as teacher in government school. It would be really helpful for me?

Re: How to do JBT Teacher Training after 12th class, which course?

Your choice of carrier is very good and I appreciate it very much. You can become a teacher even after doing your 12th exam by applying for JBT course. JBT is an abbreviation of Junior Basic Training and it will help you eligible to seek job in schools as a teacher. But if you take my advice, I would suggest you to do it after achieving a degree. Since you have HSC in Arts, you can opt for B.Ed. from Mumbai University. This will help you to learn more about teaching and various techniques. Also the degree will help you with additional qualification to gain job in bigger schools. The JBT course which I am talking about is a two year course and can be done after doing degree in B.Ed. If you are seeking job in a government school, then let me tell you that you will getting a good salary for it. When the third pay commission was declared by government, the salaries for government employees were hiked to large amount. Also once you get job in a government sector, your future will be secured. Let me tell you that to apply to this course, you will have to give a CET and competition in this exam is very large.

The best thing about being a teacher in a government school is that you will have to work for less hours and you will get lot of time for other activities. You will have to work six to seven hours daily and after that you can start your own tuition classes or maybe you can work in other coaching classes as a teacher. Some people are also doing their own business after school hours. This course will also make you eligible to apply for job of teacher in private sector as well as government sector. Considering fees, duration and efforts required for this course, the job will give good money, career and secured future. Also the respect that you will get as a teacher is good. This course is also available in many private institutes too.

To apply for this course you need to have minimum of 50% marks in SSC and HSC examination. Any other similar qualification is also valid if done from a recognized board or university. If you have a degree, then you will need to have minimum of 45% in last year. Any graduation degree from any recognized university will also do. The age limit for applicants from Open category is from 17 years to 28 years of age. For reserved category, this age can be extended for 5 years depending upon your reserved class.

To apply for the JBT course, you will need to appear for a CET exam conducted by university. This examination will include 100 questions that consist of various questions from subjects like Language, Mathematics, General Knowledge, logic and many more. The passing criteria are 40 marks out of total 100 marks for Open category and 35 marks out of 100 marks for reserved category.

I can provide you list of some institutes in India that will provide you course of JBT courses. See which institute will be suitable for you on basis of your residence, fee structure and your choice. These colleges are government colleges and will provide best education for JBT.

1. IASE, Faculty of Education, jamia millia Islamia , jamia nagar New Delhi
    2. Govt. Teachers Training institute, P.O.Port Blair, Andaman
    3. District institute of education & training, Govt. B.T.C. school, chowari, chamba.
    4. District of education & training, Govt. B.T.C. school, Reedi Jukhala, Bilaspur
    5. District institute of Education & training, Dharamshala, Kangra
    6. State Institute of Education, Sector 32-C, P.O. Sec-47, Chandigarh
    7. District Institute Of Education & Training, Karaur (Nadaun) Hamirpur
    8. District Institute Of Education & Training, Shamla Ghat, Panesh, Shimla
    9. District Institute Of Education & Training, Nahan Sirmour
    10. District Institute Of Education & Training, Mandi
    11. District Institute Of Education & Training, Village Koliber, P.O. Mohal
    12. Govt. Basic Training Center, P.O. Dudhnoi, Goalpara
    13. District Institute Of Education & Training, Una
    14. District Institute Of Education & Training, Solan