Thread: IAS exam 2012 application forms

IAS exam 2012 application forms

I am IT graduate and I am thinking to appear for IAS exam. But I don’t have much information about IAS exam. I wanted to know what is the criteria for IAS exam? When this exam will conduct? For applying IAS where I have to do registration? Where will I get application forms? If anyone have information about IAS exam please do reply.

Re: IAS exam 2012 application forms

IAS is known as Indian Administrative Service. The IAS exam is one of the toughest exam compare to all other exam in our country. Whenever we think about appearing for any exams first question will comes in mind, what will be the eligibility criteria for exam. The eligibility criteria for IAS are not much strict. The criteria for IAS exam is candidate should be graduated from recognize university. If anyone is in final year of Degree College they can also appear for IAS preliminary exam. The candidates who are appearing for main exam they have to produce result of qualifying preliminary exam. For appearing IAS exam the candidate’s nationality should be Indian. The candidate’s age must be between 21 and 30 years for general category but for SC/ST candidate the age limit is 35 years.

The general category candidate can attempt exam 4 times. Schedule cast and Scheduled Tribe candidates’ doesn’t have any restrictions. Backward cast candidates can attempt exam 7 times. The candidates who gave preliminary exam and qualify in preliminary exam are called for main exam. On the basis of main exam score candidates are called for interview. The last date for applying for IAS in 2012 is 5Th march 2012. There is only online mode for applying IAS exam. The preliminary exam will conduct on 20th May 2012.For main exams following papers are there.
    • Essay type Indian Language Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
    • English Qualifying Paper (300 marks)
    • General Essay type paper (200 marks)
    • 2 General Studies papers (300 marks each)
    • 4 Optional subjects papers (300 marks each).

Hey buddy, Civil service exams are conducted every year by UPSC. IAS exam is very difficult to crack but not impossible. Last date for applying IAS exam is 5/3/2012. The candidates can apply through online mode only there is no other alternative for application. In 2012 there is approximately only 1037 vacancies. The IAS preliminary exam will be held on 20th May 2012. In IAS exam there is negative marking in the preliminary exam for wrong answer. Now I will tell you about application form.

The application form has 2 parts. Both the part should be completed. Please provide your genuine email address because the detail will be sent on your email address. You will need to select examination centre for IAS exam and once selected centre will not be change so think before selecting examination centre. You will also need to choose your choice of optional subject but if you want you can change your optional subject at the time of applying for the Main exam.

The eligibility criteria for IAS exam are the candidate’s age should be between 21 yrs to 30yrs for general category and for SC/NT category age should be 35yrs.The candidate’s nationality should be Indian. The candidate should be graduated from recognize university. I hope this much information is sufficient for you.

Wow, so what makes these IAS exams so tough? And could you share a link with some statistics of how many people apply, fail, and pass the exam? Preferably in English as I don't speak any official languages used in India. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Parker View Post
    Wow, so what makes these IAS exams so tough? And could you share a link with some statistics of how many people apply, fail, and pass the exam? Preferably in English as I don't speak any official languages used in India. Thanks!
    I have heard that if a person fails in IAS exam or in its interview then he will have to re-appear from the preliminary round that is obviously the starting level. The maximum number of time a candidate can apply for the examination is four times but for OBC category it is 7 times. Minimum age required to aplly for the exams is 21 years.