Thread: Want FTII Pune entrance exam papers and books.

Want FTII Pune entrance exam papers and books.

Sir, I have appeared for my T.Y.B.com degree exams this year and I am looking forward to take an entrance exam of FTII. Is there any specific course for film direction? Can you please guide me in regards of this entrance exam like:
    • What is the eligibility criteria ?
    • When is the exam is held?
    • What is the last date of filling the form?

I want to know each and everything about the forms and examination. Hope I’ll get some help over here. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Re: Want FTII Pune entrance exam papers and books.

As you want to take a film directing course, there is a “Three Year Post Graduate Diploma in Direction” course, which the FTII offers. If you want to take admission in the institute then you must have a bachelor’s degree from any Recognized University, irrespective of the field in which you have persuaded Graduation. The number of intake of the institute is only 12 students per year. The exam usually held’s in May. This year’s exam was held on 6th May 2012. So you can’t apply for the entrance exam this year but you can try next year. The prospectus is issued usually in the month of January and the last date of submission is in February. Just remember that this are tentative dates and institute can change this dates without prior notice so keep visiting the FTII website so that you get to know about the next year entrance exam dates.

There are two ways in which you can apply to the Entrance exam of FTII. One is online procedure and other is offline procedure. Let us first speak about the online procedure.

Online Procedure:
    1. Prepare a demand Draft worth Rs. 2150 if you belong to general category or a demand draft worth Rs.650 if you belong to SC/ST/Economically backward candidate. The demand draft should be drawn from any of the Indian Bank or from any Nationalized Bank, in the favor of “Accounts Officer” FTII Pune.
    2. You will have to fill the online form which will be available on FTII.com and you will be required to send only the following documents by post to the FTII Pune.
      • Demand Draft with two passport size photographs don’t forget to mention your Name, Address and Caste on the back side of your demand draft.
      • Declaration by the parents and the candidate, with all the photocopies of your mark sheet.
    3. Once the institute receives your DD and Documents by post or courier it will update the status of your application. You can print your Admit card in the 1st week of April; you will be even informed about this by an email.
    4. You can check your application status by logging in using your Username and password.

Offline Procedure:
    1. You will have to obtain a copy of prospectus either by post or in personal.
    2. Prepare a demand Draft worth Rs. 2150 if you belong to general category or a demand draft worth Rs.650 if you belong to SC/ST/Economically backward candidate. The demand draft should be drawn from any of the Indian Bank or from any Nationalized Bank, in the favor of “Accounts Officer” FTII Pune.
    3. Write your Name, Address and Caste on the back side of your demand draft.
    4. Admit card will be sent to you via Post.

The syllabus and the pattern of Exam are somewhat like I have mentioned below:
    1. They might give you a Picture or else a Black & White sketch and based on this there will be multiple choice questions for 8 marks.
    2. There will be Fill in the blanks for 5 marks based on aesthetics.
    3. True or False for 2 marks related to aesthetics.
    4. Match the Columns based on culture and literature for 5 marks.
    5. One question will be related to Technical aspect of Film making which will contain 5 marks.
    6. Short Notes for 10 marks now number of questions will be decided by the institute itself it can 2 questions for 5 marks each or can even be 5 questions for 2 marks each.
    7. Some jumbled pictures will be given and you will be said to arrange them in the chronological order it will have 15 marks.
    8. A situation will be given and you will be said to write 10 Scene based on the same story. This will consist 10 marks.
    9. A picture will be given and you have to write a story based on this picture it will be for 10 marks.
    10. CAT type and General Knowledge question for 10 marks each.

To appropriately answer these questions you should know about the following things briefly:
    • Everything about Camera and ways of using it.
    • General Knowledge about Art, culture and History.
    • History of Indian Cinema and short story writing.
    • Basic mathematics like simple interest, compound interest, work & time etc.