Thread: General awareness for bank exams preparation

General awareness for bank exams preparation

I have recently completed my Ty.B.Com examinations and I am planning to go for the entrance exams which are conducted by various banks. I recently gave RBI exam and found myself completely stuck in the General Awareness questions. Rest all the portion was ok but the General awareness part was horrible for me but at the same time my friends found it not that difficult so I concluded that it was just because of my lack of knowledge about the General Awareness questions. I am not planning for any Post Graduation as of now so I want to crack the Bank entrance exams so can anyone suggest me what can be done. I am feeling very helpless at the movement.

Re: General awareness for bank exams preparation

You don’t have to feel disheartened for this. First of all remember one thing you will get more chances to prove your caliber so don’t give up right away. Preparing for General Awareness or General Knowledge is not that easy task and it can’t be done in one day. You must start well in advance for this. Read daily News Paper, News Magazines, general knowledge books and try to gather information as much as you can from all the available sources. Try to discuss some questions with your friends or colleagues as group studies will make things simpler and easier. Prepare actively and things will be done, you yourself will see the difference yourself.

Hi, even I wanted to know about this what exactly can be done to increase our GK. I read the News paper daily but I don’t read the entire News paper so do I need to go through each and every article of every day news. Are there any websites or anything such which will help to prepare in more appropriate manner. Which magazines should be read in particular so that we come to know about most of the things? I even want to know is the level of toughness for each and every bank is different or it’s the same. Hope to get my queries solved as soon as possible.

It is not such that you have to read each and every article of daily News paper. See just try to cover the most important news and events and that will be enough. But take care that you don’t target only one section of news like only Sports. You should consider all the articles equally important. Yes the level of toughness can be different or it can even be same depending upon the post offered and the Name of the Bank. There are two magazines in particular I will suggest they are 1) Pratiyogita Darpan 2) Banking Service Chronicle you can go through this magazines they release a new edition every month. You can visit the websites like Freshersworld and Testfunda to get some additional information.

I would suggest that if shelling some amount of money is not an issue for you then better join the coaching classes for the preparations there are ample of coaching classes present who train you to appear for the Bank exams. There you will be trained accordingly with the paper pattern. You will have set of test series and even the reference books will be provided by them. But as I said earlier you can join the classes if you are willing to shed some money as the fees of these coaching classes is pretty costly. So make you own decision and just go for it.

I feel self study and group study will be the best medium and option for studies. I would suggest you to download the previous question papers and check what the types of questions are asked and start preparing accordingly. Try and spend as much as you can time on reading books and News paper as you will not be able to remember everything in one day. It’s a long process so start as soon as possible and try to increase your speed by solving the previous papers. This will help you in all regards as solving papers will give you lots of confidence.