Thread: How to apply for Bank recruitment exams?

How to apply for Bank recruitment exams?

I have just finished up with my graduation and I am currently looking for some jobs. I dreamed to be a banker one day and that’s why I am thinking of applying for the jobs in some of the banks but I have no idea about their recruitment process. I am sure there would be no such kind of reference in these kind of banks. on asking some of my friends about the same they said that there is some online forms that we need to fill up before we are called up for the interviews. Now I don’t where can I get such kind of online forms and which banks do provide the same? Are there any kind of tests conducted for the recruitment process and if they are conducted which all books should I refer to so that I can access all these book materials. I am sure you will be having some idea about the same that’s why I am asking this from you all. If any such banks have started with the recruitment drive then do let me know and also if possible send me the link for the online forms as well. that would be better for me, so I am waiting for some replies from your side. Do reply on to that accordingly.

Re: How to apply for Bank recruitment exams?

Hi, BOB i.e. Bank of Baroda has vacancies for 2000 clerks , Dena bank has 500 vacancies for Probationary Officers, Indian overseas bank has 1000 vacancies open up for PO while united India Insurance is providing vacancies for 350AO. The last day to apply for BOB is today i.e. 10th april 2012 if you want to fill up the form then you can visit their official site and fill up the form immediately. The dates for the written test are not announced yet I am sure they will announce soon. Coming to dena bank, the last day to apply for the exam is 12th April 2012. No such confirmation has come yet for the written test. The last day to apply for Indian overseas bank is 19th April 2012 and their exams will be conducted in June 2012. While the last day to apply for united India insurance is 25th April 2012 and their written tests will be conducted on June 3 2012. All the information about the dates of the exams and their online forms will be updated on their banks respective site. You can get it from there. So I hope I have given you the necessary information about all the banks, that’s it from my side for you all.

I cant see any other banks that are offering the recruitment process right now all the banks that are offering have been mentioned above. So now what I would say is that apply for the privatized banks. so the best option to get that is log on to icicicareers.com and look out for the opportunities out there there is a separate section dedicated for the fresher’s and they are having Probationary Officer Recruitment as of now. So you can visit that site and apply for that. As far as walk ins are concerned then there are vacancies for sales officer as well as phone banking officer which I don’t think so you would be interested in so. I would say you better apply for the PO in icici and see what is their response from their side.

I should say you have delayed a lot in asking this question because major banks like United Bank Of India, Reserve Bank of India, SBI, UCO Bank , syndicate bank, canara bank, Vijaya bank have completed their last day of application and hence I don’t think so you will get the opportunity of applying for that banks again. so you should have asked this question before and I could have given you lots of options to choose from with which you could have gone ahead, anyways if this is not happening then I would say wait for sometime other banks will come up to with their recruitment drive at that time we will definitely update you with the latest vacancies that are available.

Down Re: How to apply for Bank recruitment exams?

You know what I feel a lot of conspiracy is going on in such type of exams last time I had given a entrance exam for Central bank of India for the position of clerk. I was quite sure that I could crack that exam. First of all I did not get to know when was the results out and when I got to know I was not selected. I was really upset with that. On knowing from one of my relative he told me that its all a part of conspiracy all these recruitment processes are fixed. All the relatives and friends of the employees working in such banks are given first preference and when everything is filled up our number comes up. So that means very little number of percentage gets recruited in such banks. I don’t know about all the banks but many government banks do follow it. That’s what I have heard. So beware of all such things. Just a important message that I wanted to give through this forums.

It is better to apply for a private sector jobs especially in banks. one of my friends recently got appointed in BNP Paribas where such kind of antics were not there. They are international banks and follow the normal recruitment process. That’s the way it should be done. A normal interview process was done followed by the aptitude test the eligible candidate was selected. Private sectors do not involve such kind of politic as the above person has explained here. we should put an end to such kind of antics.

I do agree with what this above person is saying here recently one of my friend got selected in a particular bank named as UCO bank and did you know how he got it just because his dad was a manager in that bank. He got his son recruited as PO in his bank only just for learning purpose, can you all imagine this? although I must say this happens only in government jobs and nowhere else.