Thread: I wish to give the best Indian Government exams. Which are they?

I wish to give the best Indian Government exams. Which are they?

I have just joined my Bachelors of Engineering. I have always been fine with studies and as per my ambition I have reached to my engineering stage. I undoubtedly love the field but these days my passion has taken a new face. I have developed this obsession of serving the nation rather than some private multinational company. However, I don’t wish to quit engineering for now as I have always believed I am made for machines. I am looking for a switch to something productive to my motherland, not now but. I wish to do it post degree. I am obviously not aiming to be one of those clerks to stamp people’s document. I am looking for higher, central posts which definitely require deep and thorough preparation. I will be utilizing the 4 years of my engineering for that too.

Re: I wish to give the best Indian Government exams. Which are they?

It is a very great thought and today’s youth should actually learn something from what you stated extremely maturely and practically. I am not asking all of you all to follow this thought but many of you all should definitely consider the options and scopes in the government jobs. The scopes and the job profile will leave you speechless. It is that awesome trust me. You are doing no sacrifice to nation by joining in actually you are just entering a much much better life. However it is not everyone’s cup of tea and it is not preferable to actually risk your career if you are confident about your intellectual strength. Your physical, mental and medical self will be put to the best of tests and will be scrutinized in very narrow manner in even the smallest and lightest and lowest of the jobs that you are talking about. Anyways, since you are expecting me to list down the possible examinations which you can and should appear with a vision of serving the nation are examination for: Civil Services Examination, Central Police Forces Examination, Combined Engineering Services, Combined Defense Services, Combined Medical Services Examination, Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination, Indian Forest Service, National Defense Academy, Geologists' Examination, Indian Economical Services Examination/Indian Statistical Services Examination
    You can opt for any of these as per your interest.

I am really obliged to you for your input and for the fact that you have actually come up with such an excellent answer. Your research is a commendable piece of work. Still I would like to know something more about each of the examinations you are talking about and then take an appropriate decision by choosing the perfect career option as per my interest, aptitude and caliber. Hope that is not too much to ask for

Definitely! One basic piece of knowledge that you need to have is that all these exams are conducted by UPSC which is a centralized unit which conducts all these examinations.
    - Civil Services Examination: This is considered as one of the best jobs in the country. Indian civil services hold tremendous respect and honor. The best brains of the country die to be an Indian Civil Servant. They can stamp 100s of jons in corporate and other private sectors for a job in ICS. It is one of those posts which holds high responsibilities with tremendous power!
    - Central Police Forces Examination: This is for people who would love enforcing law and order in the country. It is entirely different from the basic local law and order servants and holds superior ranks and are considered supercops of the country. They generally recruit to Central Police Forces (CPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP). An officer in this cader holds higher rank than an officer at the same post but not from CPF
    - Combined Engineering Services: This might be something that attracts you. This is an area of service where engineers can serve the nation with the degree and knowledge they proudly possess. You can choose from any of the following: a) Civil Engineering (b) Mechanical Engineering (c) Electrical Engineering and (d) Electronics & telecommunication Engineering.
    - Combined Defense Services: The "Combined Defense Services" Examination or the CDS Exam is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy. Only unmarried graduates are eligible for this
    - Combined Medical Services Examination: this is an examination which UPSC conducts for posting some extra ordinarily talented medical officers in to various government run organizations. The army doctors and nurses all fall in this category. Medical practitioners find it a fortune to serve army men
    - Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination: This exam is used by the UPSC to find some candidates who are termed as Special Class Railway Apprentices who are people which are selected after a very strict selection procedure for training as a mechanical engineer at Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, Jamalpur
    - Indian Forest Service: Indian Forest Services is a highly demanding and challenging choice of profession. Nature lovers and conservatores cannot ask for a better job. Every wild life lover wants to be an active or passive part of this. The examination is equally challenging. The job profile of this job is very attractive for adventure lovers.
    - National Defense Academy: it is the center of the entire military education in India. Every nation lover dreams of being a part of National Defense Academy. A military cadet from NDA is considered as a superior individual and they experience privileges of unbelievable league. The job and the examination both are equally tough
    - Geologists' Examination: The geologist’s examination is one of the toughest in the entire league if you are not a geographically aware individual. It is a task which demands huge patience, memory and concentration, it is this department which is responsible of keeping th environment balanced and keeping a steady track of it.
    - Indian Economical Services Examination/Indian Statistical Services Examination: this has a lot to do with numbers and graphs. Commerce candidates generally opt for this. They are individuals responsible for running the economic of the nation. They assist in everything ranging from budget and development.