Thread: How to apply for CBI Exam?

How to apply for CBI Exam?

Hello everyone out here I am thinking to appear for a CBI Exam i.e. Central bureau of investigation and not the central bank of India ok? So the basic idea is I want to serve my country in any possible way I could. So could you all please tell me how to apply for the job and also prepare at the same time? that’s what I want to know from you.

I have searched in the net but I did not getting any precise information about which exam to clear and all. That’s why I am hoping that you all can tell me something about the same that would be better for me. I hope to get some replies from you all on this.

So do reply out guys.

Re: How to apply for CBI Exam?

You can apply for the CBI exam through the the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC. The minimum qualification that will be required for the same would be any graduate that would be efficient. The age limit for the examination is anywhere around 20-25 years that’s it. you can look out online to apply for the job. Mostly the official website of the CBI would help you out with that. So you can either visit that or look out for some other websites that will help you in the filling of forms. That’s what you can do. I hope you did understand what I am saying here. by the way you are doing a great job not many of them think of serving the nation by any means. You are the one who is doing it I must say that’s a good job. Hats off bro!

Hi apply for the UPSC exam to get a position in the CBI exam. In order to appear for the exam you should be a graduate and not less than that. Minimum 55% marks in the graduation level. Minimum age limit is 21 years and not less than that. There will be a small written test, followed by a physical test and then a interview to check how smart and fit you are. Mostly the exams are conducted in the month of February and I don’t know if there is a re exam after that but still I would ask you to have a look at the official site of CBI for more information. Also visit the official site of UPSC to get additional details on the same. I hope that’s enough information for you. Anything else that you need to know then you can clear out over here that’s it from my side for you all. Hope that was enough for you.

The following are the books that you can refer to it will be very useful for you in the preparations and they are

Tata Mc Graw Hill
    Interactive English
    Verbal and non-verbal reasoning
    Quantitative aptitude
    The penguin Year book 2011
    Chanakya

Books like REY N MARTIN are much better for testing grammar skills plus you get a question and key set with it. Which helps you in improvising your English? So I have mentioned the name of all the books. In case if I get more such suggestions then I will let you know about it soon.

If you are applying for the CBI exam then you can apply for the following posts and they are post of sub inspector in CBIor CE and Div. Acctts or Auditors or UDCs.the joining of CBI is done through CGPE i.e Combined Graduate Preliminary Exam which is Conducted by SSC (Staff Selection Board) and their exams are conducted every February.

Let me tell you something about the examination pattern. The exam will contain 2 patterns. Part I will contain Paper I and Paper II totaling 400 marks. Sub divided to General Test 200 marks and English Language 200 Marks. Part II of the examination consists of 100 Marks Total. Which is the interview part. Depending on how you conduct yourself in the interview marks are given. In case if you want to prepare for the exam from now only then you can very well refer the SSC Combined Preliminary Examination Graduate level guide & previous year papers by Gupta’s for useful depth knowledge, it will surely help you. Go get it!

So what are the posts in CBI and can I appear for the IPS exam as well after getting in to the CBI? That’s what I want to know from you what do you think about it?

I have only heard of the sub inspector in the CBI but what after that and which levels are there that’s what I want to know? I am sure you all are qualified enough to answer this question out.

The following are the posts that exists in CBI and they are

1. Sub-Inspector(fresher)
    2. Assistant Public Prosecutor and
    3. Senior Public Prosecutor.

if you talk about the IPS exam then there is a different procedure to it. you can certainly apply for the IPS exam once you get into the CBI. You will have to clear the IPS exams for that, I think. Though I am not sure I will confirm you once I get a detailed information.

However to know more about the CBI and its entrance level exams then you can check out this CBI exams link to get detailed information of which officers get the pay scale and what? So that’s what you need to do. I hope that’s clear for you.