Thread: Scope of Jewellery Designing in India

Scope of Jewellery Designing in India

I have recently completed my hsc and want to persue in Jewellery Designing rather than going for commerce and science studies. So here I just wanted to know that how good is the Scope of Jewellery Designing in India. I know people earn handsome amount of money as Jewellery Designer in foreign countries but I specifically want to know about it in India. I also want to know what the eligibility is for Jewellery Designing. Which are the institutes for it, Thanks in advance.

Re: Scope of Jewellery Designing in India

See there is scope in each and every field if you are talented, anyways there is quite a good cope in Jewellery Designing if you start it as a business but as far as the job is concerned you will have to start working as free lance consultant in showrooms and outlets. Jewellery Designing has got a good response in India as well as, there are a no of Jewellery exhibition that are being carried all over. If you live in running cities like Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi and so then you can lead your post as a Designer. As far as the Jewellery Designing Eligibility Criteria is concerned you need to pass 10+2 or equivalent examinations from a recognised institution. Your age should be minimum 15 years, the duration of the course may vary from 3-6 months to 2-3 years based on the subject you choose. There are number of institutes providing diploma courses. One has to go through an aptitude test and interviews for qualifying and joining jewellery design institute. You might learn designing Jewellerie’s but you need to have passion and sense of design to be a successful jeweler. You just need to be creative, artistic and have most of the working knowledge in designing jewelleries. Once you complete your Jewellery Designing course you can apply for the below posts:
    • Jewellery Designing House
    • Export House
    • Fashion House
    • Self-employment
    • Freelance Designing

One can expect to get salary of Rs.6000-Rs.10000 in the starting in India which will increase with your experience. Overall in India below ones are said to be the best institute for Jewellery Designing.

• Gemology Institute of India -29, Gurukul Chambers, Mumbadevi Road, Mumbai (Maharashtra)
    • Indian Gemological Institute -Nirmal Towers, 10th Floor, 26 Barakhamba Road, New Delhi
    • St. Xavier's College - Geology Department,5 Mahapalika Marg,Mumbai (Maharashtra)
    • The Jasami Department of Jewellery Design & Manufacture - SNDT University Campus, Santa Cruz, Mumbai (Maharashtra)
    • Small Industries Service Institute - 65/1 GST Road, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
    • Indian Diamond Institute - katargam, GIDC, Sumul Dairy Road, Surat (Gujarat)
    • Dr. Dhamambal Government Polytechnic for Women - Canada- Indian Institutional Cooperation ProjectThanamani, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
    • The Indian Diamond Institute, Gem & Jewellery EPC -Rajasthan Bhavan, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
    • Vakall's Academy of Jewellery Design -114, Arun Chambers, Tardeo Road, Mumbai (Maharashtra)
    • ShriBhaubhai Mafatlal Polytechnic -VileParle W, Mumbai (Maharashtra)
    • Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council -Jaipur (Rajasthan)
    • Jewellery Design and Training Institute (JDTI) -NOIDA (Uttar Pradesh)
    • National Institute of Design (NID) -Paldi, Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
    • International Institute of Fashion Technology -South Extension Part I, New Delhi
    • Jewellery Design and Technology Institute (JDTI) -Noida
    • South Delhi Polytechnic for Women - Lajpat Nagar IV, New Delhi.
    • Gemstones Artisans Training School Jhalana Mahal - Jaipur (Rajasthan)

Thanks for that detailed information, I have told my parents regarding the same but they are just saying that there is no scope in the same and all. I live in Mumbai and have come across some college mates who are perusing Jewellery Designing. Anyways I really want to go for it, can you let me know about the Jewellery Designing institutes and the time period that I will have to spend for completing the course???

There are number of institutes in Mumbai as well, I am just listing few from it.

Cad Master Jewellery Designing Institute:
    B Wing, Gala No 212, Shanti Shopping Centre, Mira Road Station, Mira Road, Thane - 401107
    Call: + (91)-22-61427001

Shrusshti Design Studio:
    Shop No 1 Dimple Apartment, Prabhat Colony, Opp BMC Ward Office, Galaxy Hotel, Santacruz East, Mumbai – 400098
    Call: + (91)-22-61427743

Lemark Institute Of Art:
    1ST Floor Damodar Valji Building, Chandraprabhu Jain Temple, 178 Raja Ram Mohan ROY Road, Prarthana Samaj, Mumbai – 400004
    Call: + (91)-22-49174377

To get better information regarding nearest Jewellery Designing Institute call just dial: 08888888888