Thread: How to apply for post in C.I.D

How to apply for post in C.I.D

I want to make my career in field of Law & Order. I have applied for becoming Police officer whose exam I am still about to appear. Before that I wanted to know if I can join C.I.D. department. If yes, how do I do it, what are its criteria?

Re: How to apply for post in C.I.D

C.I.D. stands for Crime Investigation Agency under Indian government on 1st April 1906. The officers who work in CID are known as detective or CID officers. There are many departments too in CID like fingerprint department and Crime Investigation Bureau. It also has a scientific department in its offices. Person who wishes to enter the services of CID must appear in the Indian Civil Services examination organized by Union Public Service Commission. Many posts are available in CID department. Entry and designation on these posts depends on the marks obtained in these exams. The candidates must be at least 12th pass to apply for this exam. To apply for higher level of post like Sub-Inspector, the candidate must be graduate. Many institutes in India provide course in criminology. Students who have done their 10+2 qualification in Arts can easily opt for criminology.

Candidates who aspire to join CID must have enough basic knowledge of analyzing the materials. One should be able to recognize the material by just seeing or touching. The candidate applying for job in CID must also have good communication skills and in a pleasing manner. One should have excellent knowledge about current happenings in the world. To develop these needed skills one must watch informative programs on television regularly, read newspaper daily and read educational magazines weekly. One can also use internet to gain knowledge about current happenings. The candidates can also read crime novels and stories of well known authors and characters like Sherlock Holmes. One should also prepare for interview which requires one to be calm and pleasant.

You should read newspapers like Dainik Jagran or Lokmat for getting knowledge about the upcoming events related to post in CID. These newspapers carry details that are necessary for attending exam, about the course and other such details. You must read this regularly as nothing is pre decided. The news related to job in CID is also published in many regional newspapers also. Find the one which carries this news in your region and keep yourself updated about upcoming events. You can also keep checking the government’s website or website/webpage dedicated to required department, in this case CID. It will also provide you enough knowledge.

simrankim Guest

First You should have to appear to UPSC exams. and you should have to ability of investigation attitude in each and every where i.e analyze the things very well.