Thread: Details of B.Ed Entrance Exam

Details of B.Ed Entrance Exam

I want to pursue B.Ed as my future goal is to become a teacher or professor in a reputed college. I wanted to get the details of entrance exam for B.Ed exam, what colleges are good for pursuing the education that is available in the course. I stay in Mumbai, so I prefer details about B.Ed course that will be provided by Mumbai University. Can someone provide me details about this course?

Re: Details of B.Ed Entrance Exam

Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is an undergraduate level course. One complete this course will be designated to teach the students in colleges and schools depending upon his/her knowledge on a specific subject. Once this course is completed, the person will be eligible to teach the students of 10+1 or 10+2 level. This degree is a necessity for being a teacher in a school or a college. There are many institutes in Mumbai that provide education and examination for this course. To enter this course, the aspiring student must appear for an entrance exam. A student can also pursue further education in this field as M.Ed is also available. M.Ed stands for Master of Education.

Some colleges that are available in Mumbai for pursuing this course are,
    1. All-India Khilafat Committee College of Education, Mumbai
    2. Bombay Teachers Training College, Mumbai
    3. College of Education and Research, Mumbai
    4. College of Physical Education, Mumbai
    5. Guru Nanak College of Education & Research, Mumbai
    6. Hansraj Jivandas College of Education, Mumbai
    7. K.J.Somaiya College of Education, Training & Research
    8. Mahatma Education Society, Mumbai
    9. Nagrik Shikshan Sansthas College of Education, Mumbai
    10. Pillai’s College of Education & Research, Mumbai

The B.Ed course is set by the university such that the subjects those are included in the portion are linked together to provide enough and overall knowledge needed to become a teacher. Based on the amount of knowledge acquired by a student in the duration of the course, a Certificate or a Diploma is awarded to the student. The complete course consists of various subjects that are composed by taking learning topics from several parts of the subjects from a certain level. All the subjects are closely related to each other and thus provide a complete knowledge that is necessary to guide a student to successful future.

Credits are given to the students based on their performance in their academic period. The workload that a student has to bear decides the amount of time required to complete this course. Te general duration of this course is of 1 year. This course can be completed in one year only if the student attends the exams and passes them without having any subject and its corresponding exam pending. The subject and its corresponding exam can be delayed by student by his/her own wish due to personal reasons. If a student fails to achieve passing marks designated by the university in a specific subject, the student will be declared as fail in that subject. Exam for that subject can be again attended by the student when scheduled by University. If a student fails in more subjects, he will be declared as fail and will have to appear all subjects again.

You can also try in this colleges to pursue B.Ed course,
    • R.r. Educational Trust
    • Ramabai Navrang Adhyapika Vidyalaya
    • SNDT University for Women - Department of Education
    • Secondary Training College
    • Shahu Shikshan Sanstha
    • Shewi College of Education
    • Smt. G.s. Kapadia Junior College of Education
    • Smt. S.k. Somaiya Junior College of Education
    • Smt. Surajba College of Education
    • SNDT University for Women - Department of Human Development
    • St Teresa’s Institute of Education, Mumbai

There is also an B.Ed course for teaching Mentally retarded children. This course is known as B.Ed (MR). This program aims to develop a student to provide adequate knowledge from special and mainstream subjects to the mentally retarded students. This course provides knowledge about development and progress of prevailing and emerging Indian Society in field of education and national development. It also develops the student to recognize the needs and requirements of mentally retarded children and ways to satisfy and fulfill their needs. This course also develops the good confidence in its students which is required to train the mentally retarded children to live a life of freedom, respect and dignity.

The course of B.Ed(MR) consists of two parts, part A and Part B. Part A consists of theoretical subjects while part B consists of practical subjects. This curse consists of two semesters and attendance for part A required is 80%. Similarly, attendance for Part B should be of 90%. The theory part consists of four compulsory subjects, one specialization subject and one allied subject. Part B that is practical part consists of 6 subjects. The overall course will include assignments, case studies, library work, seminars, journal writing and workshops. The exams will be conducted by the specific institute which the student is attending and acquired marks will be forwarded to University.

You can also acquire the B.Ed degree for teaching students with hearing impairment. This course is known as B.Ed (HI). This course develops the teachers for providing education to the students with hearing impairment in special and mainstream educational settings. It develops the abilities in the students to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skills to impart knowledge and training efficiently to children with hearing disability. It trains the teachers to identify the potential and capacity to learn and apply the knowledge of the students. It also trains them to fulfill the needs of the students with hearing impairment.

After you complete B.Ed, you can pursue M.Ed in Maharashtra in following colleges,
    • Adarsh Comprehensive College of Education, Pune
    • Bar S.K. Wankhede College of Education Law College Campus, Amravati Road, Nagpur 440010
    • Chembur Comprehensive College of Education, Ram Krishna Chembur Marg, Chembur, Mumbai
    • Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad, 431004
    • Foster Development Sanstha's B.Ed College, 11th, Shem CIDCO Shivaji Nagar, Samarth Nagar, Aurangabad, 431001
    • Govt. College of EDN. Station Road, Akola, 444001
    • North Maharashtra University, PB No. 80, Umavinagar, Jalgaon, 425002
    • Secondary Training College Fort, Mumbai, 400001
    • Swami Sahajanand Bharati College, Shrirampur

ThumbsUp Re: Details of B.Ed Entrance Exam

Quote Originally Posted by Sib Bachchan View Post
    I want to pursue B.Ed as my future goal is to become a teacher or professor in a reputed college. I wanted to get the details of entrance exam for B.Ed exam, what colleges are good for pursuing the education that is available in the course. I stay in Mumbai, so I prefer details about B.Ed course that will be provided by Mumbai University. Can someone provide me details about this course?
    Hi,

Students can check the Different Schedules Dates and Timings for Different Programs. ... IPU CET 2012 Entrance Test for B.Ed Program.

GGSIPU CET 2012 Entrance Exam Schedule for B.TEch Programs

PU CET 2012 Entrance Test for 2nd June 2012 (Saturday) 2 P.M. to 4.30 P.M
    B.Tech Program

IPU CET 2012 Entrance Test for 27th May 2012 (Sunday )2 P.M. to 4.30 P.M
    B.Tech (Bio Tech) Program