Thread: Is it possible for a terminated employee to get a new job?

Is it possible for a terminated employee to get a new job?

I spent around 3 years with an organization and I was not happy with the pay package that I was getting there. So I thought of doing a job change but I also did not want to leave this company as well and hence I went for a job hunt and took almost 2 weeks leave from the company. On returning back it seems company people did not think I was suitable for this company and hence on the spot they terminated me. I felt really bad at that since I served this company for almost 3 years have terminated me and that too without any notice. So I am just wondering if there is any company who can offer any job for a terminated employee. I used to work as a system administrator over there. I would be ok if I can get some similar kind of jobs. I am really depressed as of now. Please help.

Re: Is it possible for a terminated employee to get a new job?

Quote Originally Posted by PiYu View Post
    I spent around 3 years with an organization and I was not happy with the pay package that I was getting there. So I thought of doing a job change but I also did not want to leave this company as well and hence I went for a job hunt and took almost 2 weeks leave from the company. On returning back it seems company people did not think I was suitable for this company and hence on the spot they terminated me. I felt really bad at that since I served this company for almost 3 years have terminated me and that too without any notice. So I am just wondering if there is any company who can offer any job for a terminated employee. I used to work as a system administrator over there. I would be ok if I can get some similar kind of jobs. I am really depressed as of now. Please help.
    Ok have you got any kind of experience letter from the company that you were working or have you asked for a experience letter from there? If you have got the experience then you don’t need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Recruiter View Post
    Ok have you got any kind of experience letter from the company that you were working or have you asked for a experience letter from there? If you have got the experience then you don’t need to worry.
    No sir as I said I have been terminated and I did not resign from there so forget the question of getting the experience letter. I did not get anything, what to do?

No issues don’t worry you can apply for the companies at the HR round you should be clear that you have been terminated. Now it’s upon them if they want to hire you or not. So don’t worry keep trying for the jobs you can definitely get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PiYu View Post
    You know what every company follows a verification policy if you say that you were working in that company and during the verification if they tell you that you were terminated, it does not give a good impression of yours in your CV. There is a possibility that your new recruiters wont allow you to work with them as well. so that’s why experience does count but you may never know, every dark cloud has a silver lining. If you come across a company that is ready to listen to you then you can very well work with them as well. so never be disappointed.

I would say you better try in some mid level companies that would be a good option. Mid level companies which does not have this verification process you can join in over there. Just tell them whatever that has happened with you and they will definitely listen to you.

I did understand what you all are saying but what about the experience I had. Will they listen to me if I tell them that I have an experience of this much years. You know if it does not get counted then I would be joining way back again as a fresher and I don’t want that. I don’t want to get started as a fresher and receive the same payment as any fresher is getting.

I know this is a bit frustrating but that’s how exactly my state of mind is as of now.

Dude relax. No need to get frustrated. Whatever salary you are expecting just tell them that’s ok. Since you are not having the experience letter that would give an upper hand to the interviewers to negotiate on the salary that they want to give you. So if it is a bit less don’t leave it just grab the opportunity take the experience and switch to other firm. You can very well do that.

I hope you did understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Career-Minded View Post
    Dude relax. No need to get frustrated. Whatever salary you are expecting just tell them that’s ok. Since you are not having the experience letter that would give an upper hand to the interviewers to negotiate on the salary that they want to give you. So if it is a bit less don’t leave it just grab the opportunity take the experience and switch to other firm. You can very well do that.

I hope you did understand that.
    Yes very much I will look into that. I will start applying for some jobs and I have already registered into some job finding portals. Hopefully they should ring me up with some good offerings.