Thread: What is ITES? Is it good or not?

What is ITES? Is it good or not?

I got selected in TCS for the post of ITES in one of the interviews that was conducted in my campus. Well I was told that I got selected for the ites. I am just wondering as if what ITES is exactly? Also I am looking for careers in IT. So what’s the difference between IT and ITES?

Can anyone of you all please explain me what is it exactly?

Re: What is ITES? Is it good or not?

ITES is totally different from the one that you are looking at right now. ITES can be defined as outsourcing of processes that can be enabled with information technology. Various sectors comes under it such as finance, HR, telecommunication and many others. You said you are looking for careers in IT but you haven’t specified which field exactly? IT has various fields and you need to be sure about which field you want to go with before answering this question.

Here are some of the services that comes under ITES

- Document Processing
    - IT Help Desk Services
    - Enterprise Resource Planning
    - Data Entry and Processing
    - Telecommunication Services
    - Data Warehousing
    - Application Development

So if you are interested in any of the services then you can very well.

Ok I am basically looking for something in development field. Not for any kind of the services that you have mentioned. However I am a bit confused because missing a opportunity from TCS would be a big loss for me and I am thinking to get in this company and later change my job profile, how is this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Axe-IT View Post
    Ok I am basically looking for something in development field. Not for any kind of the services that you have mentioned. However I am a bit confused because missing a opportunity from TCS would be a big loss for me and I am thinking to get in this company and later change my job profile, how is this idea?
    If you love going into the technical support or back office support then it comes under it. well if you are thinking to change the job profile once you get in the company then let me tell you that there are very rare chances that you can do and that too getting in the development department of the TCS is a very big thing. So first decide in life what you want to be and then make decisions.

All the best!