Thread: Need more information about Technical Writers and Technical Writing

Need more information about Technical Writers and Technical Writing

I am very curious to know more about this particular field and also what is its scope in India? That’s what I want to know. I also wanted to know what is exactly their job profile what do they do? That’s all I want to know from you. I am sure you will be having some information about it.

Re: Need more information about Technical Writers and Technical Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I am very curious to know more about this particular field and also what is its scope in India? That’s what I want to know. I also wanted to know what is exactly their job profile what do they do? That’s all I want to know from you. I am sure you will be having some information about it.
    If you talk about technical writing then it’s the art of translating technical ideas into words which can be understood by the common man and the one that does it is the technical writer. Technical writers, write guides, documentations for a technology to express the message in a technical nature effectively. Technical writers are also hired by major tech website owners to write contents for them. When writing contents for the websites their main target is to get to know the audience analysis. That’s a key feature in technical writing and is the most sought out feature in a technical writer.

Well technical writing is not so much spread in India not many of them know what is it exactly. If you are looking for a job in technical writing then let me tell you that you should have a good technical knowledge as well a graduation certificate. That’s it. no specialization in English and all. Your technical background should be clear that’s it.

If writing is your hobby and if you can explain complex software concepts in simple words then you are a eligible candidate for this profession.

Is there any company which I can lookout for if I want to apply for the job of technical writer? Any good companies that hire technical writer then do tell me about it. I have completed my BCA and looking for some jobs. I have a good technical background as well as I am good in writing. So if you all know any good companies that are hiring fresh new candidates for technical writing then do tell me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey$ing View Post
    Is there any company which I can lookout for if I want to apply for the job of technical writer? Any good companies that hire technical writer then do tell me about it. I have completed my BCA and looking for some jobs. I have a good technical background as well as I am good in writing. So if you all know any good companies that are hiring fresh new candidates for technical writing then do tell me about it.
    Many big companies like oracle, Infosys, Accenture do have vacancies for technical writer the best way to get a call for the interview is to register yourself in the job portals like naukri and monsters. Write it clearly that you are looking for a job in technical writing. You will surely get lots of calls.