Thread: Currently a Java programmer want to shift in Testing

Currently a Java programmer want to shift in Testing

I am a java programmer with almost 12 months of experience due to some unfortunate reasons the company with which I was working went down and I had to leave that company. So now I am looking forward to testing. So can you tell me which course to enroll for if I want to get into testing? I am sure you will be having some good knowledge about the testing course as well as the vacancies that are available now in testing department.

Please reply.

Re: Currently a Java programmer want to shift in Testing

Testing vacancies are available in majority of the tech companies like wipro, tcs, capgemini so you can apply over there but before going for the interview I would ask you to brush up your basics and learn some testing course. Seed infotech is one such institute that you should check out to get some good testing courses.

ohmy Re: Currently a Java programmer want to shift in Testing

I don’t understand why are you switching from development profile to testing profile. First of all be sure with which profile you want to go ahead. Like if your company gets down, that’s not your problem. You have 12 months of experience in programming then better continue from there and don’t leave it and switch to the testing department. Java is a very good language and you have a good scope in it. so don’t discontinue from there. Look for jobs in java and I am sure you will find them.

If I would have been in your place then I would have never thought of changing to some different profile. You know it is so difficult to get into a development job and you are the one compromising it and getting to a testing one. Now let me tell you a interesting fact a developer can anytime become a tester after having several years of experience but a tester with so much years of experience can never become a full time developer. That’s the difference between a developer and a tester. I hope after reading this you will probably change your decision.

It is not that testing does not have a good scope. Testing is a real big field in technology and you can grow with it as well, yes many people do prefer development instead of testing. But that’s the mindset of people. The choice is yours. If you are not interested in programming then better choose testing you will get various growth opportunities in it.

smile Re: Currently a Java programmer want to shift in Testing

In fact many a times it is seen that changing the job profile frequently damages your impression over the company. Now you have mentioned that you have got around 12 months of experience In the programming. Ok we can consider that but in that 12 months at least 6 months you would be under training, 2-3 months would have gone for the project assignment and all. So left is 2-3months of experience. That is the real experience that you have. Which itself indicates that you haven’t seen much of the development. You were justr exposed to the initial stages and not beyond that. Without knowing about it and jumping to the different job profile does give a bad impression on the CV. So better stick to the java programming belive me it would be useful for you as well as your career.