Thread: Different careers in civil engineering

Different careers in civil engineering

I have done my SSC with good percentage and I have also completed my HSC with the same result. My aim in life to become a civil engineer and I want follow on my father’s footstep after I am 50 years. But in civil engineering I don’t know a single thing and want to know different careers in the civil engineering itself. Can someone who have done civil engineering or know please tell me different careers in it?

Re: Different careers in civil engineering

Done with my civil engineering and currently now I am working in a company. The company that I work is L&T which you may be familiar. As per I know there are three categories in it that is textile technology, mechatronics engineering and leather technology. Anyone you can take it’s good.
    Textile technology is based on elementary type of thingds . it include focusing on yarn, fabric,knitwear,braids,technical textiles etc.
    In mechatronics engineering there is thing like hydraulic fingers, surgical equipment, industrial robot etc.

i have been looking the net for careers in civil engineering and I found that there is several careers in civil engineering like you can do BE in civil engineering and BE in civil and structure engineering, BE construction engineering, BE transportation Engineering, BE(hons) civil Engineering, B.Tech . Civil Engineering these all were the bachelor courses. You can do masters in the civil engineering.

Hello,

I am a civil engineering student looking for similar opportunities. I have read your message and understood your concerns.
    The demand in infrastructure is going to rise as the sector is on a boom.

The industries that need civil managers and surveyors are increasing. You can get a job in banking, real estate, wealth management, insurance and a lot more fields.

Fortunately, I came across an institute called RICS School of Built Environment in Noida in affiliation with Amity University.

They offer MBA courses in:

1. Urban Infrastructure
    2. Real Estate
    3. Construction Management

You must check it out, it might help you. I am actually considering this as a strong option.

Best of Luck!