Thread: Career opportunities in Advertising course

Career opportunities in Advertising course

I want to do a diploma course in Advertising but before that I would like to know what are the career options available for this course in advertisements or Advertising industry? I have heard that there are lots of opportunities getting prepared for this course. Which way I should go after the completion of this course?

Re: Career opportunities in Advertising course

As far as I know that the career will be good in this level and you will see many opportunities from the both side like private and public sector companies. This may include advertising sections of newspapers, journals, magazines. Other than this commercial section of radio or television including market research. You can also choose your career path as freelancer. The job field is categorized into two, executive and creative. On the Executive side, you will see Client Servicing, Market Research and Media Research. On the creative side you will choose the career as copywriters, scriptwriters, visualizes, photographers as well as typographers

A job in the advertising business sounds like a dream job for many. But who wants to succeed, it must above all else: hard work. This will be rewarded with a varied and interesting working life and good career prospects.

The world of Advertising and Interactive Media is a separate, which you're dealing with huge dynamics. And customer service is high on the agenda. The creative content of an agency determines, with the strength of account team, the extent to which an agency is successful. Account focuses on customer relations, consulting and project management. The creative team takes care concept, copy and layout of the resources from the campaigns. Traffic finally takes care of all contacts between Account, creation and production.

Those who decide to work in advertising and marketing industry has roughly the choice of the following departments or disciplines.
    • Account
    • Creation
    • Media and resources
    • Strategy and research
    • Studio / Technical Production
    • Traffic

Most requested features

• Marketing Consultant
    • Account Director / Manager
    • Market Researcher / marketing analyst
    • Traffic manager
    • Copywriter / lyricist
    • Art director
    • Creative Director
    • Operation manager

I heard that that in the advertising industry it is really hard to make a career for a fresher who has just completed his course and no experience at all the live work field. Is that true?

If the job market is not really flourishing in early 2003, however, some agencies continue to hire junior, whether in traditional advertising, relationship marketing or buying. These entry-level positions are not always advertised in the press or missions in recruitment agencies, for obvious reasons of cost, but they do exist.

Advertising is the art of turning the obvious into something different or exotic passion. Marketing communications increasingly require professionals to interpret the communication needs of different companies products and services that produce meaningful messages and efficient. If you got a lot of strength then try to learn new things along with your course. Advertising industry needs creative minds rather than hard workers. I think you got to be creative not to study. Media has much market and accounts. Also I recommend you to find out in the faculty of the association which is the most recognized.