Thread: What is the admission procedure for NRI in IIM

What is the admission procedure for NRI in IIM

I just want to know some few things regarding the NRI admission in IIM, the thing is that as I have recently got the job in U.S with one of the leading IT company. But as I had appeared for the CAT and got 97 percentile. So I would like to know that is there NRI quotas available in IIM. Because the reason I asking is this that I will be coming here after 18 months and for which the terms says that I am counted as NRI. So I wanted to know that after some period of time I to do IIM and so here are few question need to know about…

1. Is there any quota for the NRI in IIM
    2. What is the admission procedure for NRI students
    3. What is fees structure for NRI
    4. During placements in IIM is NRI treated differently.

Re: What is the admission procedure for NRI in IIM

As far as I know about this I don’t think so there is any type of quota available for NRI. IIM is been an autonomous and so all the admission are taken commonly and so there is no differentiation regarding any quota.

As far as I know about this I don’t think so there is any type of quota available for NRI. IIM is been an autonomous and so all the admission are taken commonly and so there is no differentiation regarding any quota.
    But while going through the net on some of the sites I have seen that they allow for admissions with the good GMAT score for NRI’s. And here you are saying that there is no quota for the NRI guys. I am very much confused and so want to confirm it from here, so can anyone from here help me out with this.

Actually all IIM have the seats for the overseas students. Those who wish to take admission in IIM have to get through GMAT with good percentile (above 90 %). And after which there will be different rounds conducted like Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI). If you clear with all rounds then I guess you can be a part of IIM. But apart from this terms and conditions says that you should at least be in foreign for minimum period of 18 months.

At the time of placements all the students are treated equally in IIM, and regarding the fees structure for the NRI students they charge $8000 per year.